Ignition troubles?
No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
Hey Al,

what is your compression pressure on each cylinder? There's a lot of deposits on the plugs given they've only done 160 km. I wouldn't rule out fueling issues either. The look across the plugs is fairly consistent.

Camel
A comon issue is the pump being blocked. shows up as a power loss that can happen out of the blue likes yours. Look up the servic manual for glow rate and test your pump.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(25-10-2015, 03:51pm)Batfink Wrote: A comon issue is the pump being blocked. shows up as a power loss that can happen out of the blue likes yours. Look up the servic manual for glow rate and test your pump.

Ok thanks Batty! I think Maj did a fuel pump test on his in one of the threads as well. But if it was a fuel starvation problem wouldnt the plugs be lean?
I would think the same...what about injectors...clogged... crappy spray pattern...one or more buggered? Whats the air filter like...I have never replaced one in all the years of riding.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I have had crap go through my 01 and the plugs were black and wet.. Did a sonic clean on injectors and BAM all good again.
My 99 was also going through plugs and was just about to do pump mod when it Got written off. Even carried a spare set of plugs for long runs. And yes they were always black...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Also it could take just one injector to cause the problems you have....had a Bandit 1200 that had one carb make it run as rough as hell and ride like it was firing on one cylinder.
Sounds like a reasonable way to go...the pump filter is a strong possibility although you would expect the plugs to look lean if that were the case. There is a work a round for the built in filter...drilling a hole through it and fitting an eternal filter...this is not my mod and I take no credit for it....was on the American Hayabusa forum I think.
In the old days I'd have said your plugs are too cold or your ignition timing is 5 degrees behind where it oughta be. But I don't think that applies any more ...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

IATS? or any number of sensors....have you tried jumping the dealer plug to see if there are any fault code's?...grasping at straws I know