problem - any ideas where to start?
Mine did a similar thing a while back. Was ok riding home the previous night, next morning was hard to idle and missing everywhere. In my case it was just plugs, banged a new set in and all happy again.

BTW, might also be worth checking that the idle adjustment screw has not vibrated its way out and messed up your idle setting.
I always check the simple things first.
Capt.....my '99 has the EXACT same probs at the very same time as yours!!! Ran like an old mole on dodgy pregnancy pills about 98% of the time yesterday! Only ran cleanly for a couple of very brief moments....and then back to crap again!! It has DEFINATELY got something to do with the downpour overnight, coz it just came out of the shop with a major service and tune and ran absolutely sweet-as all the way TO Tathra beforehand!! That moisture has gotten into the system SOMEWHERE (..maybe LOTS-where!?!)
When you get it sorted, let me know exactly how please.....and help save my lazy arse from too much effort!! lol
We're leaving from Batemans Bay this morning, hopefully will have a nice clean cruisy 3 hour run home from here with no woes....maybe?!? lol
Well if it happened when it got wet that is telling you that it may have water somewhere possibly a lead or two tracking across to earth on engine. Or could it be that something has come off such as a vacuum line somewhere. They are the 2 areas I would be looking at first. Then dig deeper..fuel filter etc then onto electrics as last move.

Maybe just let it dry out for a week and try again.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
(08-12-2014, 09:08am)bazman Wrote: Capt.....my '99 has the EXACT same probs at the very same time as yours!!! Ran like an old mole on dodgy pregnancy pills about 98% of the time yesterday! Only ran cleanly for a couple of very brief moments....and then back to crap again!! It has DEFINATELY got something to do with the downpour overnight, coz it just came out of the shop with a major service and tune and ran absolutely sweet-as all the way TO Tathra beforehand!! That moisture has gotten into the system SOMEWHERE (..maybe LOTS-where!?!)
When you get it sorted, let me know exactly how please.....and help save my lazy arse from too much effort!! lol
We're leaving from Batemans Bay this morning, hopefully will have a nice clean cruisy 3 hour run home from here with no woes....maybe?!? lol

How weird is that!
It ran fine for the photo shoot - but next day it was stuffed - and still is.
I will let ya know when i find out

Just spoke to a guy who had the same problem and he reckons the water will get stuck in the fuel filter and won't totally pass through except at high revs.
I will rip it out and have a look
Does that sound right?
Are your sparkplug recess drain holes blocked? If water gets in past the plug caps it won't drain out out..... Likewise, if there is muck around the base of your plugs (e.g. accumulated dust, moisture will get in via the drain holes and turn your dust into conductive paste. A problem, particularly if you have old and weary boots on your plug caps.
Still going nowhere fast!

Pulled out the fuel pump and changed all filters - nothing too bad found.
Cleaned internal tank filter too.

Put it back together and same problem.

Local guy reckons the water that may have been in the tank has damaged the fuel pump impellers?
Fuel pressure is OK at high RPM (not working hard) but drops off at idle.?
Any idea as to whether this is right?

Plugs look OK.

The bike was running fine right up to the photo shoot day and then I left it for the night. Put a black garbag over the tank and instruments - but it blew off through the night.
So I am guessing the heavy rain got in somewhere?

Anything at all come to mind that could be caused by water to start with?

Rob
Put a new set of plugs in dude They may look ok but looks are sometimes deceiving. Had the same trouble with my wifes VTR firestorm, drained the fuel, put new fuel in and still no good. New plugs and away she went.
BTW the iridium plugs I removed had only done 4000k
Have seen similar several times, in particularly hard rain, water gets past air filter, gives the plugs a hard time. They cark it.
Mine is running absolutely sweet again, Capt.....dunno where it got in, but a couple of days in the dry sun and she is purring louder than a well-fed pussay!!!!

Hope ya get it sorted soon mate.....there's some great riding weather happening atm!!
Given this I would definitely never get aboard a submarine built by Suzuki
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast