AC-DC - Drummer in trouble
Looks like Phil Rudd is in the shit, ex drummer for AC-DC

NZPA

Wellington (AFP) - The drummer with legendary rock band AC/DC, Phil Rudd, was accused Thursday of trying to hire a hitman to kill two men after police raided his luxury New Zealand home.

Police swooped on the veteran rocker's waterfront house at Tauranga in the North Island in the early hours and charged him with "attempting to procure murder" and threatening to kill.

They also charged the 60-year-old with possessing methamphetamine and cannabis after allegedly finding the drugs in his property, Tauranga District Court was told.

Court officials confirmed Rudd, a long-time member of one of the world's highest grossing bands, was granted bail and ordered to reappear on November 27.

He looked tired and tousled as he appeared in court shoeless and wearing a baggy grey jumper, with his lawyer unsuccessfully arguing that media should not be allowed to take images of him because they just wanted to capture his client "at his worst".

He was not required to enter a plea during his brief appearance but court documents reveal he is accused of trying to organise a hitman to kill two men in late September, although judge Louis Bidois suppressed the identities of those involved.

Rudd, whose has played on hits including "Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap" and "Highway to Hell", refused to comment after leaving court and was driven away in a silver Mercedes Benz.

Under New Zealand law, attempting "to procure any person to murder any other person" is punishable by up to 10 years in jail, while threatening to kill can attract a seven-year sentence.

- Fans stunned by charges -

Stunned fans reacted on social media, airing concerns about the future of the band, which is still reeling from the retirement of founding member Malcolm Young in September after he entered a Sydney care facility suffering from dementia.

"This is so shocking i hope its not true but i will be praying for u guys and i hope yalls pull through this and bring him back," Joseph Anderson wrote on the band's official Facebook page, which has more than 30 million likes.

Tina Durst Van Gundy posted: "No matter... still one of my all time favourite bands... hang in there guys."

Australian-born Rudd joined the band in 1975 and left in 1983 after arguing with founding member Malcolm Young.

He moved to New Zealand at the time, settling in the coastal community of Tauranga, about 150 kilometres (90 miles) southeast of Auckland.

He remained in the area even after patching up his differences with the band in 1994, using it as his base as he followed a punishing global touring schedule with the notoriously hard-living heavy metal pioneers.

Rudd was part of the AC/DC line-up inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 and won a Grammy for best hard rock performance with the band for "War Machine" in 2010.

Later that year he was convicted of cannabis possession after police raided his boat, receiving a fine of NZ$250 ($190).

AC/DC are one of the best selling music acts of all time, amassing sales estimated at 200 million albums worldwide featuring songs that remain staples on classic rock radio, including "Back in Black", "Jailbreak" and "High Voltage".

Rudd, who released a solo album "Head Job" in August, said earlier this year that Malcolm Young's illness would not spell the end for the band.

"It'll never happen. Angus (Young) will never retire and as long as Angus never retires I won't retire either," he said then.

The band have since announced a new album, "Rock or Bust", will shortly be released and they were due to undertake a world tour in 2015.
When he asked the Hitman "How much"

The hitman answered with "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" ..

... shut up Dale, you're an idiot
They are trying to portray him as a scummy crook.

Lucky that I still think he's a legend. Pi_thumbsup
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
All our frikkin idols get shot down. Very dissappointing
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
They are just like anyone else. Except we have to do our dirty work ourselves, while they can afford to hire some helpers. Knuppel2
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I reckon the deed was more than dirt cheap. its going to, costalot
And worry Pete the STones are still clean in a funny way :)
Well I know people make mistakes and celebs are just like us but attempted murder, Pedophillia etc?
Mmmm
They have everything they could want moneywise but still they have their dark sides

Yeah Ray at least the Stones are consistently bad.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Pete I don't think it's the dark side thats teh problem, we all have that...

I see it as when a person has too much money and doesn;t have to work 80 hr a week to get it... after a while they think they can buy anything that their idle mind can dream up, even murder.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Maybe. There's a lot to say about too much of a good thing. It has led many famous people smarter and more talented than me off the garden path.
:-(
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
very lucky..

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/no...-phil-rudd
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Looks like the Tauranga Police will have a few questions to answer now that the major charges have been withdrawn ....

Maybe the NZ Coppers are as silly as other countries, what were they thinking ?

Thunderstruck indeed
hate to do the NZ jokes but just can't help it........

maybe he was talking to a butcher about getting some sheep slaughtered and 1 was a cops girlfriend? LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Angus quits Ac dc
Angus is still going ok. Best guitarist ever.

On 16 April 2014, in response to earlier reports that the band may be retiring due to Malcolm Young being seriously ill and unable to perform,[93] Brian Johnson commented that AC/DC are not retiring, stating "We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver. We're going to pick up guitars, have a plonk and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens we'll record it."[94] AC/DC subsequently announced in an official statement on their Facebook page that Malcolm Young would be taking a break from the band due to his ill health. It ended: "The band will continue to make music."[95] In June, Johnson announced that AC/DC are "very likely" to be on the road again before the end of 2014.[96] In July 2014, AC/DC confirmed that they have finished recording their next album and that Malcolm's nephew, Stevie Young replaced Malcolm in the studio.

Drummer Phil Rudd released his first solo album, Head Job, on 29 August 2014. He confirmed that there would be another AC/DC tour, and stated that the band had no intention of retiring, adding, "We'll all have to be dead before it stops."[98]

On 23 September 2014, Alberts management confirmed that founding member Malcolm Young had officially departed from the band and revealed that their new record entitled Rock or Bust featuring eleven new tracks will be released on 28 November 2014 as the first AC/DC album in the band's history without Malcolm Young on the recordings.[1] The band also announced plans for a world tour to promote the new album with Malcolm and Angus' nephew Stevie Young as Malcolm's replacement.

Source: Wiki
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Yeh my son sent them a email asking did they want a top shelf guitarist, no we got family they said.