Racetech
My bike is going into Racetech on Wednesday for a full suspension rework. With the 6" overlength swingarm we decided on:

Front: Goldvalves and 1.2kg springs (stock is ??0.95??)
Rear: Goldvalves and 17kg/mm spring (stock is 13.1kg/mm)

Fluids will be replaced and the whole lot set up including damping and sag with me on it.

I'll let you know the results.

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Stock front spring rates apparently changed over the years .78-.85 I,ve heard.Mine are 1.0kg and are alot firmer(mines alot lighter).Some go 1.1kg(dad).1.2kg are gonna be pretty bloody hard and will need alot of rebound control and virtually no preload and thick oil.It may be okay for stock weight full tank and gearsack,just watch out for corrugations mid corner and get a decent steering dampner or the bars will jump out of your hands. <i></i>
Dont forget that mine is stretched out 6" and I weigh about 120kg fully geared up. The 1.2kg was checked on several forums for long bikes before I gave it the OK. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
From what i have read i think the spring rate hase been lifted over the modles my 06 is set whith preload 2 turns out from flush and rebound out 4 and compression out 5 and have 40 mm sag i just did 3000ks of pretty rugged roads from Townsville to Toowoomba down the Gregory developement road i cruised 140 /200 klh most of th wayonly bottoms once and handles sweet ,So the standard spring rat is fine .I am probably open a can of worms here but 20 mm static sage is a starting point for a race track and 30 for road so 40 happened to be better and the rear has the same compression 7 rebound 10 out and so i would say Suzuki have made a few changes and my weight is 120kgs should also ad standard tyres 40psi probabley throw these settings out the door when i change tyres Hey Blackzook how old is your bike i wounder if over time the standard springs will sag <i></i>
Hi Mark,
Mine is an 04 model purchased new. I had no major issues with the stock rear suspension while at standard length. I always thought the front was too soft and lacked adequate damping control. I ride a fair bit 2 up and that emphasized the front ends shortcommings. Now with the longer arm everything has changed. More leverage is applied to the rear to the point that the tyre is hitting the undertail two up with even a light pillion. And that is with the rear raised 40mm over stock height!.

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
When I had mine done, the springs were set in accordance with the sag on the front end. Mine went to 1.1 rate. If you're in Perth one day, try Russell Speak. All he does is suspension and dynos. <i></i>
2 up bruce and fully loaded it will probably be ok,but how does stretching the bike affect the required front spring rate?I found with the vfr hard springs needed alot of rebound control otherwise the front jumps around over bumps.Wound to the stops my front springs(04) showed 37mm static sag before i got on(90+kg).Now with 1kg springs it shows 30mm sag wound 1/2-2/3 out.In the end it will feel heaps better than what you have,i just think more dampening and less spring works better on the street.perhaps you can add an extra tobin and make it a 3 seater. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Fess up Glen if you want a ride just ask Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Only if I,m the one holding the bars. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>