Busa suspension settings
Hey guys just curious as to what settings would work on the hayabusa for a 115 kg rider carrying no pillion?

any tips on the subject i would be very grateful. <i></i>
I suggest you set them as standard to test. Then wind in 1 click at a time and test again till you are happy.
A small adjustment goes a long way.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Danny I take it with all the busa questions you are getting one then is it from springwood if so let me know what time you are gonna be down there and i will meet you for a drink tomorrow if ya like ring me if ya want to 0413 876 639

I am sure if you ask the mechanics at springwood they will be able to help you out with settings Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

I Am Not Racist I Hate Everyone Equally

<i></i>
Oh THAT Springwood!

All this time I thought you were in the Blue Mountains. <i></i>
The good tip is a new shock,, off me,and then get the front done. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Scroll down and look at the "Suspension setup tips" by Rocket Rod. Lots of good info there...

Here's what worked for me:

This is what we did to my bike a few months back and the improvement was fantabulous. It's been done on 6 of the bikes here in Sydney so far, and all are well pleased...

Settings for a friendly ride. Front forks fully dropped in the stock clamps.
Front Preload 3 Rings Showing
Compression 3 Clicks out
Rebound 3 Clicks out

Rear Shock
Preload 9 - 10 threads showing from the top
Compression 4 Clicks out
Rebound 4 Clicks out <i></i>
check this out good read about busa set up
www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=46389.0 <i></i>
Iwas trying to set my front and rear sag (on my suspension) and ran out of front preload at 33mm static sag!!!.Total sag then was only 37mm.Yet the rear with about 12 threads showing had about 5-7mm static sag and about 25mm total sag.Does the busa have gsxr600 front springs??With 3 lines showing it had about 45mm total sag.It reminded me of pulling a cleveland out of falcon.I think if i acheive any sort of handling success with the busa the centre of gravity has to be raised and the rear has to be higher again.I think I,ll need a ladder to get on.Interestingly with dads kevlar tank and a low fuel light on I did a session on it at the creek.Changing direction quickly was almost too easy especially with the carbons but you could really feel the weight down low on the bike a bit like swinging off a sappling,easy to do but ultimately controlled by a return force. <i></i>
I did your bike Pan, I could tell you your suspension settings off the top of my head. You came around to Parra one night and I set it up for you. I think there is a Newcastle bike with my setup in it too. Mine still corners fantastic and it was the first, Copper Boy was second and he is happy too. (Unless that is a grimace behind all those pearly whites)

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
It wasn't a Newcastle bike Graham.
It was a Sydney guy on a Blue / Silver named Turbo that turned up for the session.
I wonder where he is now. Haven't heard from him since.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Yes I remember this guy, wonder we he ended up, hope he got home ok from Simmos after we all took to his bike with hammers and spanners?

I thought he was from Newcastle part of the world, guess I was wrong.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
I followed the link provided above by "Shredder 3" and did the suspension set as described by JINKSTER. I weigh about the same so I thought the adjustments might suit me.

After a couple of trips to work I found the front a bit too firm and backed off the front compression and rebound damping 1 more click from the settings described by JINKSTER.

With regards to front preload, he mentions 12 turns from full in to full out. I got 16 and1/4 turns. On my bike I wound them in 14 turns, with about 1mm showing of the preload adjuster (not counting the hex top).

After a couple of hundred klms I find the bike is very friendly. Turns in with confidence. I feel very comfortable with these settings. Will even try to keep up with Max in corners (but not at warp speeds, my bank account isn't as flush as his). Feels a lot better applying power out of the corner. Also seem to be able to carry more speed into the corner.

Just my thoughts on it. Thought of trying Pan's setting, but I weigh about 2 Pan's so I thought they might be a bit light for me.

Just another thought...if you wind up your suspension and it makes the bike higher, does this mean you can lean it over more?? <i></i>
Yes busdriver.
You can also get a bit more lean depending on your tyres profile..
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Hi mate, interested in your ideas on suspesnion settings. You mention Parra, are you in a shop there or you live there? I'd like some ideas about improving my suspension and I live in Cabra so it's not too far. Michael <i></i>
Quote:I'd like some ideas about improving my suspension

Maybe buy a new aftermarket shock and revalve the front forks?? Cheers,
Kawasuki<i>Edited by: kawasuki at: 24/10/06 22:59
</i>