Special Trye Deals (Perth)
Contact Serge at Witch Cycles
Cnr Day & Dixon Rds
Rockingham
08 9527 2398
Shinko 003 Radial Soft for Hayabusa $197.00 fitted if you bring in the rim. Nice guy too best give him a call to check stock before turning up. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
U dont need tyres cause u ant got no sprockets. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Ray, Get stuffed.
I went out and brought another chain 1 link shorter that will do me until my lousy wheel supplier delivers my new sprocket.
At least I can ride it now. I had given up on those shitty wheels Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
We,ve got to hold you back from that nine somehow bruce .But seriously several sprockets have been ordered and with the lighter rear wheel the potential is there for better 60ft times and faster response to wheelspin. <i></i>
I know Witch cycles, good shop, and I work not too far away so will call by. I guess it begs the question though, why not use slicks for drag racing?? <i></i>
Roadrace slicks or drag slicks?
The roadrace slicks i have tried don't heat properly (tire warmers may help), sticky street tires have worked better for me, but i still need more traction on my local track and will be trying a MCR2 when the current Shinko wears out. <i></i>
Road race slicks. I have a pair, second hand, and both times at Wanaroo it's been wet, so haven't used them. I have them mounted on spare wheels so had thought of using them rather than the Michelins for drag racing. Sounds like not a good idea, as I don't do burn outs yet! (vertically challenged is my excuse, but when I lower it a bit more maybe I'll heat 'em up!) <i></i>
Bear,
I used two road racing qualifying compound slicks at the drags. They were great value at $150.00 fitted new (last years compound). They were OK but took a huge burnout to warm them up. Still at that price you dont mind smoking them up. When I learnt to launch a but harder I found them to be less effective. Cant go part the Shinkos for grip and value for money IMHO Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>