Blood pressure ...
Thought it about time to visit the Doc a few months ago and have a medical as I'm just north of 100/2 , my missus suggested it might be timely and I've never had a check up, ever. Feeling good and reasonably fit , a little bit of excess weight but keeping it at around 94kg at 5'10 . I'll be fine ...

So I went along, all good till he checked my blood pressure, checked it again 150/110. Scary shit !

Evidently, that's danger zone-stroke territory and, I thought I was fit ( ish ) .. so I've been on the little BP pills for a few months now, back slowly to 120/70 as checked today and I'm good.

Look after your health guys,

I'm Ok, off for a beer.
Glad to hear your ok Raphel. We have one of the toughest bikes around. They're no good to anyone if we're not.

Regular checks boys.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(18-06-2014, 05:51pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: Regular checks boys.

A lot of fit people die on squash courts and similar activities; they have never had the need to go to a doctor, thus are unaware of all sorts of potential health risks.

Don't forget the prostate either!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I had a full on $450 medical for a job I was doing.
Told me I had alarmingly high blood pressure.
Got sent straight off to a doc.

He asked me was there a history of it in my family,
I told him "I'm not sure who I can ask, they all died quite young" !

I eat pretty sensibly and exercise more than most, but can't control my
Cholesterol or blood pressure without a daily pill for each.
Yep also on the downhill side of 50. At 5'10" I try to stay under 80kg, but have crept over during the last year. Was alarmed when Doc checked my cholesterol and it was high. Changed my diet some . . . But that didn't last. Now livin' in denial, good reminder, probably time to get checked again.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Similar story here but my other blood test results like sugar, cholesterol etc are all in normal range. My BP is 145-150/90. I do about 150km a week on a pushy rain or shine so I am pretty fit as well. No history in a family either. My doctor was a bit worried and send me to professor Ian Chapman that specializes in blood pressure disorders. After further tests of the heart MRI of the kidneys and adrenal glands when all results came out perfect, he admitted that this one of these things that modern medicine is still in the dark. He said straight that they do not know what causes primary hypertension as it is most likely caused by our lifestyle and diet. I just told him that I am designed to run at highier pressure. My doctor is pushing for medication but after trying three different ones without any noticeable improvement I've given up and avoiding him now. Funny enough one day on the local track I went to the ambos and ask to check it. You know it is sort of always on the back of your mind. They did and it was perfect 120/78. Told my doctor about it and he said it is possible as the mental state and stress has a lot to do with it. So I told my wife, who is a real medical panic merchant, that the doctor ordered to attend all the track days, club races, and riding as much as possible in between as a medical treatment. Perfect!Lol3 Now I just have to wait whole 7 days till I get my licence back to start a daily doses.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(18-06-2014, 07:21pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(18-06-2014, 05:51pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: Regular checks boys.

A lot of fit people die on squash courts and similar activities; they have never had the need to go to a doctor, thus are unaware of all sorts of potential health risks.

Don't forget the prostate either!

I play a lot of squash:-) will be getting the prostate checked soon to as I'm going past the half a century in August. Not looking forward to it thou lol
So if im 40, around 5'6" and 56kg then my blood pressure and colesterol
should be goodYes
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
If you go and give blood get a free check up every 3 months and do some good for others at the same time just a thought!
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Not allowed to give blood.
"Dirty Pommie" lived in the UK too long.
What do they think you have MAD cow disease TonyBump
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM