Hayabusa - Promo vid Gen 1
The early days ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgRv4RYmCg
Just anotyher yesterday's news. The gen 2 is better in every aspect. The truth just speaks for itself. Can not deny it no matter how nostalgic you get. Time to move on. Really.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(06-04-2014, 07:04pm)Shifu Wrote: Just anotyher yesterday's news. The gen 2 is better in every aspect. The truth just speaks for itself. Can not deny it no matter how nostalgic you get. Time to move on. Really.

Really? Every aspect?
How much does a Gen 2 weigh?
What about price and available after-market parts?

You didn't seriously think we'd let you throw stuff like that out there without a fight, did ya?
Roll

PS: thanks for the link Raph-sta
(06-04-2014, 09:13pm)pan Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 07:04pm)Shifu Wrote: Just anotyher yesterday's news. The gen 2 is better in every aspect. The truth just speaks for itself. Can not deny it no matter how nostalgic you get. Time to move on. Really.

Really? Every aspect?

You didn't seriously think we'd let you throw stuff like that out there without a fight, did ya?
Roll

Your right there Pan I would put my 99 up against a GEN 2 anytime.

(06-04-2014, 04:48pm)Raphel Wrote: The early days ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgRv4RYmCg

Nice find not seen that one beforeClap
the only good thing the gen1 has over the gen 2 is it,s looks
go boys get into it

wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
(06-04-2014, 09:13pm)pan Wrote:

Really? Every aspect?

Roll

OK Pan, I give it to you - it is lighter as it has a smaller engine and less power (so it is also slower). As to the parts' cost and availability it is really because of the free market economy. Better things cost more and no one wants old gen 1 parts so they are cheap and plentiful as people move on to better bikes...
Gen1 or not, the video still gave me a hard on .. Trophy
bla bla, my zx12 is faster, bla bla my gen 2 is bigger better and faster, my bmw is bla bla and bla bla.

The fact is that the '99 and copper (for media) was and still is the benchmark by which all other US (ultra-sport) bikes were compared to. In '99 there was only 1 (The Mothership), just coz later bikes can add didnt make the '99 not the first and best of its time. and as far as Im concerned still better then most later editions, coz when they finally got off the drawing board after years of development they produced the finest and fastest they could. Later models had to be "toned down" and be more politically correct, but not the '99 and thats why they are "Beasts" compared to later models. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(07-04-2014, 10:13pm)Volvi Wrote: bla bla, my zx12 is faster, bla bla my gen 2 is bigger better and faster, my bmw is bla bla and bla bla.

The fact is that the '99 and copper (for media) was and still is the benchmark by which all other US (ultra-sport) bikes were compared to. In '99 there was only 1 (The Mothership), just coz later bikes can add didnt make the '99 not the first and best of its time. and as far as Im concerned still better then most later editions, coz when they finally got off the drawing board after years of development they produced the finest and fastest they could. Later models had to be "toned down" and be more politically correct, but not the '99 and thats why they are "Beasts" compared to later models. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh 1999 coper busa blah blah blah....1972 Atari blah blah, Oh wait 500 BC abacus blah blah blah...ALL OLD AND OBSOLETE
(07-04-2014, 08:09am)Shifu Wrote: OK Pan, I give it to you - it is lighter

Thanks Shifu. It takes a wise person to accept defeat and bow before their conqueror. Apology accepted.
All this internal arguing ..

What are we?, the Labour Party? .. Lol2
^^^ Dale, I think we are more like the Green Party.. everyones arguing over which trees needs the biggest hug LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(07-04-2014, 11:21pm)Shifu Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 10:13pm)Volvi Wrote: bla bla, my zx12 is faster, bla bla my gen 2 is bigger better and faster, my bmw is bla bla and bla bla.

Oh 1999 coper busa blah blah blah....1972 Atari blah blah, Oh wait 500 BC abacus blah blah blah...ALL OLD AND OBSOLETE

Hey Shifu,

Have you ridden anything apart from modern bikes?

idiots always put shit on things they never really understood ,good luck with the onsie slo guy,
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
(08-04-2014, 04:49pm)BusaJim Wrote: Oh 1999 coper busa blah blah blah....1972 Atari blah blah, Oh wait 500 BC abacus blah blah blah...ALL OLD AND OBSOLETE

Hey Shifu,

Have you ridden anything apart from modern bikes?
[/quote]

Yeap, started riding in 1971. It was a 125 cc with 4.7 hp at 4600 rpm and a kick starter. Max speed was 78 km/h (with favorable wind) It followed with few updated models of the same, then 250 cc twin and 350 cc. The bikes evolved since then and while I understand a bit of a nostalgia over it, statements that 15 year old bike (including the first model of Hayabusa) is better than a current models shows nothing more than blindness to the obvious.

(08-04-2014, 06:43pm)revhead Wrote:

idiots always put shit on things they never really understood ,good luck with the onsie slo guy,

No counter argument to my point so the personal attack is the only option hey? How clever!

(08-04-2014, 08:38am)pan Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 08:09am)Shifu Wrote: OK Pan, I give it to you - it is lighter

Thanks Shifu. It takes a wise person to accept defeat and bow before their conqueror. Apology accepted.

It is taking things out of context to make it appear like you are right. You need to read the whole message Pan. And that was not an aplogy as I do not think I owe you one. Cheers.