2004 Purple/Black Gen 1
Been preparing the Father in laws Gen 1 for Registration. Bought at the auctions(stolen repossession) to use the engine for a hill climb car, but he thinks it is to good to part out so wants to sell it.
I can have it for what it owes him. So I am tossing up whether to add it to my collection. I could use it to do some track days.Biker

(23-02-2014, 03:54pm)mozzie26 Wrote: Been preparing the Father in laws Gen 1 for Registration. Bought at the auctions(stolen repossession) to use the engine for a hill climb car, but he thinks it is to good to part out so wants to sell it.
I can have it for what it owes him. So I am tossing up whether to add it to my collection. I could use it to do some track days.Biker
Looks just right sitting in your shed..Go on,you know you want it Pi_tongue
Be nice if it was cheap enough.
Price would make huge difference if I was in your shoes.
Auction prices vary quite a bit!
(23-02-2014, 05:12pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Be nice if it was cheap enough.
Price would make huge difference if I was in your shoes.
Auction prices vary quite a bit!

$4k, 57k km's.
Yeh, I'd keep it, looks good mozzie.
Definitely keep it
Add, add, add, add it to the collection......don't even give it a second thought!!!!
I have a black & purple called the grape 110,000ks and I'm keeping mine. Just ad it to the collection.

Mungaman

99 Busa
04 Busa
Buy it & build a Stroker Motor
(24-02-2014, 04:48pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Buy it & build a Stroker Motor

How much to build a stroker motor?
(24-02-2014, 05:37pm)mungaman Wrote:

How long is a piece of string ?
There's el-cheapo ways & more reliable expensive ways, but I'd allow for AUD$ 30,000 + Cost Of Bike + Cost of Labor. ScaryWtf
Best thing is to build the motor with gearbox n clutch mods etc, buy a new Busa & do an engine transplant. Then you'll either have a new motor to sell or build another. The torque is addictive, You won't be able to go back to riding a stock Busa on the highway if its built & tuned right.Pi_thumbsup
Not talking about a 1441 dinky niether.
(24-02-2014, 07:53pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:

There's el-cheapo ways & more reliable expensive ways, but I'd allow for AUD$ 30,000 + Cost Of Bike + Cost of Labor. ScaryWtf
Best thing is to build the motor with gearbox n clutch mods etc, buy a new Busa & do an engine transplant. Then you'll either have a new motor to sell or build another. The torque is addictive, You won't be able to go back to riding a stock Busa on the highway if its built & tuned right.Pi_thumbsup

For 30k I would add a Panigale 1199 or a Katana1100 & CB1100R to the collection.Yes
(24-02-2014, 08:02pm)mozzie26 Wrote:
(24-02-2014, 07:53pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:

For 30k I would add a Panigale 1199 or a Katana1100 & CB1100R to the collection.Yes
I generally purchase a motorcycle to ride. Not to stick it in a collection.

On 2nd thoughts, probably better you don't buy it. Not enough port flow in a Gen1 Head so the head would be useless same as all primitive Gen1,sLol2