Which is your tyre choice?
Hey guys, just fitted Dunlop 208 to rear. Only done 50k on it. Will let you know how it fairs up to my nutso riding !! Peter <i></i>
Just fitted a Michelin Piltot HPX to the rear. Only got 6500 klms out of the original Bridgestone. Glad to get rid of it, poxy thing slipped and slid all the time. (Felt vague too!) I liked the ones fitted to my 99 model. Hated the one fitted to the 2002 model??? Don't figure? Let you know how the HPX hangs on.
Regards Phil. <i></i>
I will be running bridgies as i get them at the rite $$$$.Should i run a BT020 which i got good grip and wear on my last bike a VFR750 (much less power) or shold i go for the OEM BT56. I do a lot of riding at the reefton spur. Rocketman. <i></i>
I've had the D208 on rear for 4500k now. Prob will get about another 2000k+ out of it, and I ride to the boundaries sometimes! I know i've said that the D208's were weird and didnt like them when they weere cold in my previous notes and "Dunlop 208" topic, BUT>>>>> I've got used to them and they handle OK!! Even stick quite well when pulling the front wheel up....even in 3rd!! Still, I don't think they turn the corner as good as the original BT56.

Would like to try the Pirelli Corsa next set. There is a lot of hype about them, that they handle the bike better and make it feel light around a corner. IS this true???? Can anyone who has a set of them reply. That would be great! Thanx, Peter <i></i>
........OK, someone put me out of my misery.....its getting late!! I just read the next topic about the Pirelli Corsas which I wanted to know about, so ignore my last message if you wish! I read the topics from bottom to top, so i get the info in order they've been written. <i></i>
Are you riding a black/red busa? I also do a fair bit at Reefton. I never see many other busas up there. Keen for a run with ya. <i></i>
Reefton is a ok but its a little narrow and wet spots are all over it. My ride of choice is thru Warburton to the Donna Buang rd then turning off into Don rd taking you to Healesville then from there the Kinglake rd to Kinglake then home via St Andrews for a twisty ride or Wonthaggi for a faster ride. Can also take the Melba hwy home too which has some decent spots thru it.

Viking <i></i>
Sounds like you're volunteering to a lead a ride there, Viking! <i></i>
I'd be happy to...

<i></i>
beestroyer,its not me on a red and black busa.Mines a blue/silver model and i've only had it a couple of weeks however you might have seen me on the 92 vfr with gold wheels.Give me the reefton anyday although the busa is a handful up their.I'm still tring to find out if anyone has had a bridgi 020 on the rear? <i></i>
I believe, from talks with peple at Bridgestone, although the BT56 is being replaced, they are still manufacturing the BT56R solely for the Hayabusa. <i></i>
Have over 50,000klms to date and have stuck with the BT56F due to the good feel. Have moved to the D208 on the rear and in November decided to go to a harder compound with a Macadam 100 given the high bitumen temps and open sweepers.

To date have lost nothing in terms of feel but will get close to 10,00kms, and this is with some very serious motoring. I would not recommend the tyre for tight twisties but for the western plains its a good summer compromise, the BT56 and D208 felt like licorice on the rear on hot days (>30 degrees) after about 100klms.. <i></i>