Nine Second Hayabusa Street Bike
With all the excitement of Nine Second time slips I thought a few maybe interested to see whats involved with running one!

www.motoaus.com/race/drag-racing/nine-second-street-bike.html
Shayne

<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 15/12/06 20:26
</i>
Sub 10 and you need an ANDRA licene, medical and inspection, thats silly. <i></i>
Good article mate.

Couple of questions though.

Can you call a bike that's lowered and has different sprocket stock ?

Has anyone done a 9 on a proper (straight out of the box) stocker in aus? Chopper says "Harden the f*** up Australia"<i></i>
m8ee in the truest sense, ridden out of the showroom floor, no you cant call it stock. Stock Motor, Wheelbase and just about everything else, Yes

Fabio Crystal rode a Demo at Willowbank into the 9's, cant recall if it had slip ons or not. If anyone has done it would be Fabio.

Shayne <i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 16/12/06 23:06
</i>
Fabio Crystal actually run 9's on 2 bikes
Springwood suzuki loaned him there demo / Tony's own bike
99 red / blk , stock height, yoshi full system.
Dont know if air box or gearing was altered.
Which he ran 9's on not sure of increments but was 143/144 mph
He then got his on blu/sil 00 model Stock height twin stock mufflers again dont know about the air box, gearing
But he went 9.86 on it.

M8ee fabio told me he has done like 3000 passes at willow
& he's a little guy
So diet & practice,practice practice <i></i>
Even with a 1300cc you still need to be a little guy to run a nine on a stock height/length busa and plenty of talent.I wonder who is the heaviest nine second jockey.I reckon leave the height and length stock,weight, and all motor,Clutch open, power open,and weigh the bike and rider combo with dyno printouts.That makes the bike in road setup but allows for each guys mods (eg full system,airbox,compression,cams etc even gearing) Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
change ya rear sprocket
<i></i>
Busa MOTOX bike? Chopper says "Harden the f*** up Australia"<i></i>
Busa rockclimber. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
So what do you think the max weight of a rider would be? A mate here at Quit has run under 10 and his bike is stock gearing but lowered. He must weigh around 80Kgs. <i></i>
A 90+ Rider could still run a 9 on a lowered Bus as setup in the storey.

I ran my 9 with Stock Gearing but I am 70kg, not quite as light as Bec in the Storey.
Shayne

<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 19/12/06 22:33
</i>
100kg and a 9.801 or better

It's all in the mind and technique, before I ran a nine it was a massive hurdle to overcome now if I dont I'm pissed off.

Keep trying mate you will get there easy with your current setup and when you do you'll wonder why it took so long. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Leonard is a fat bastard, and he can run 9.7.

I agree with Bruce. It's all in the mind... and practice will put take away the limits the mind imposes...

<i></i>
Quote:Sub 10 and you need an ANDRA licene, medical and inspection, thats silly.

Now worries then Gnarbunkle, I look forward to seeing your time slips. <i>Edited by: CAS3234 at: 20/12/06 1:09
</i>
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub 10 and you need an ANDRA licene, medical and inspection, thats silly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHH but not in Vic , only a couple of Andra races all year rest are by the tracks themselves. <i></i>