Pirelli's diablo corsa rosso's on

So I had a looky at dunlop, sportmax Dsmart2
@ $279.oo rear & front's at $170.oo
I might giv'm a try

In the early dayz i had dunlop sportmax , big thick tread
Lasted 12- 15tho k's front & rears lasted 8 tho K's

I hope these new gen tyres last the trip ova & back

Then ,rip'm off & put sticky pirelli's back on

are u using touring- or general commutin - or fangin tyres?

But I realy wanna know -good grip-wet or dry & what"
" touring tyre " are u Rollin
on & how many K's u gettin?
Cheers
As I don't see the point in wasting good sticky tyres on my daily commute my Busa stays wrapped in sport touring type tyres.
I did have Sportmax Roadsmarts on but when they wore out I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Road 2. Couldn't really fault the Roadsmarts though, they do everything they should when used in the manner intended for them. Wet weather grip was great, always felt secure and they never gave me any heart starters, just the opposite. In the wet they often surprised me with the grip they offered just when I thought things might get sketchy.
Got 12000km out of them.

I only switched back to the PR2's as I have used them for years, so I guess I prefer them just because I have spent so long on them and know them very well.
On reflection I think the PR2 are a little better in the dry but think the Roadsmarts have a slight edge in the wet.

If the Roadsmarts were the only thing available to me, I would be quite happy to use them again.

EDIT: I should add that at 12000km of motorway commuting, that rear was squarer than Poindexter Lol3
Melb. to Adelaide, riding around and back wouldn't be any further than to Tathra would it? Just weave alot on the straight roads! Lol2 so it don't go flat on the bottom!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
There ya go a nic name for the next club member

" Weaver "

Who's it gonna be ??
Had Dunlop sportsmarts on last time did 2 trips to mainland with lot ridin between Wadonga and Melb and quick fang over mount hotham? thru omeo to PI..with bit Tassie ridin got about 8000k..
Dunlop roadsmart2 on now 2000k of Tassie weather and roads..good in dry,great in wet..
Got michelin PR2 and Pures on other bikes..Happy with Dunlops on Busa..
Michelin PR2's for the rear most of us are running these in the fast approaching outback blast that will see close to 10000k's plenty of road conditions thrown in they have proved themselves over and over again but these tyres will probaly be super seeded at some stage I don't know if the PR3's will be that and haven't heard any real world feed back on them for longevity

Bottom line is Grip & Wear is a trade off that said I have wittnessed PR2's cope with a 11000ks tour on a Turbo Bus and seen them punched around the track at better than average pace on a Bus
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Pilot road 3s.Got 12200 out of my rear tyre.Fronts still going.Could have got maybe another 800 out of it but needed a new to go to wardys at Easter .
Hey Corbin.
Roadsmarts are the go, great wear and good in the wet.
Put them on the busa got 10 k out of the back still had plenty on the front when I went to the dark side.
Just fitted a set to the zx14 last week and they fell pretty good.
The oem bridgestones were rooted at 5k.
Guess there must be a bit more power in the KwakaLol3
Only got five and a half out of Bridgestones that came with mine, (busa)when it was new.lol
As a sales rep I do a lot of hwy k's and have been using the bridgestone 023 and getting around 18 thou out of the rear. Just take of slow in first seems to helpBiker

They stick in wet and dry even when they are bold like they are now.Pi_freak

Hey Corbs, I fitted front and rear Dunlop SportMax SportSmart with a 190/55 profile rear.
Put them on for the Tathra run from Brissy, have been to 4 drag events too and have the vids to show me smokin em up lots too LOL. Still got lots of tread and they've been awesome. Plenty sticky enough too. The edges are great.
I LOVE THESE TYRES :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Hi there,
Pilot road 3's are an excellent choice, if you get together with someone else needing tyres it becomes very economical to buy from rocky Mountain ATV in the US.
Regards Norvin.
Hey Corbs,
I just put a set of PR3's on mine and I am loving them .. confidence plus Pi_thumbsupCoolsmiley

I'll let you know about mileage when I wear 'em out.

Hopefully they will do Normanville ..
what are the PR3s like for fanging it up in the hills please.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(05-05-2013, 10:54am)grumpy Wrote: what are the PR3s like for fanging it up in the hills please.

I have 2 ct front and PR3 rear for the last 1500 kms. Fast $2.00 + sweepers etc did not skip a beat.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!