Project drag bike
(01-04-2013, 09:01am)simmo Wrote:
(27-03-2013, 01:35pm)big kev Wrote:
(27-03-2013, 12:52pm)ROD Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 09:22pm)big kev Wrote: Well 10th of April will be test n tune for me guys at WSID Wednesday nite drags
You takin Simmo on
no freaking way rod
Welcome to the Simmonator workshop Biker
When we are finished you will be taking names & changing places Pi_thumbsup

I highly don't that mate you are quick mate and I have a lot of weight to haul on the busa but I'm flattered lol
(01-04-2013, 09:05am)big kev Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 09:01am)simmo Wrote:
(27-03-2013, 01:35pm)big kev Wrote:
(27-03-2013, 12:52pm)ROD Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 09:22pm)big kev Wrote: Well 10th of April will be test n tune for me guys at WSID Wednesday nite drags
You takin Simmo on
no freaking way rod
Welcome to the Simmonator workshop Biker
When we are finished you will be taking names & changing places Pi_thumbsup
I highly don't that mate you are quick mate and I have a lot of weight to haul on the busa but I'm flattered lol

DYO makes it all fair, The new SB class is a great no Andra, licence, tech or medical
It's a funny thing guys Simmo is helping me out with set up of the clutch but in the background he's copping flack for doing it from 1 person which I'm a little disappointed to be honest

This person doesn't know the full details that I've done a custom seat for Simmo and this is simmo's way of giving back , I know this person can see this post so I would like to say to this member thank you for assuming that Simmo is giving away drag bike secrets and not charging me for the privilege of getting top secret info that they guard with there life because god forbid you want to share anything for free

My goal with this drag bike was to enjoy drag racing but I can already see someone I know wanting to suck the fun out of it , I went racing on my road bike last yr and I instantly became addicted and it was lea rod and Simmo that made me see the fun side of it and that's what I want to go fast make great friendships and enjoy my drag racing

I hear ya Kev. I'm nowhere near the quickest around the track on my trackbike, but GEE IT'S FUN!!!

There will always be one or two self-appointed experts at the track; they often take it too seriously and forget it's meant to be fun... ignore them and let's have fun anyway!
(02-04-2013, 08:41am)pan Wrote: I hear ya Kev. I'm nowhere near the quickest around the track on my trackbike, but GEE IT'S FUN!!!

There will always be one or two self-appointed experts at the track; they often take it too seriously and forget it's meant to be fun... ignore them and let's have fun anyway!

Yeah WAY TO SERIOUS pan ,
The simple advice is always the best advice.

This is the advice I go by . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHZJNQ5Y4A
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(02-04-2013, 01:15pm)Ward P Wrote: The simple advice is always the best advice.
This is the advice I go by . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHZJNQ5Y4A

Lol2 That's great advice Lol2 been telling people that for years
I was helped from Leonard from day one & is always been very helpful even to today still & also many others at the track also, that's the way drag racing rolls & its great, I'm willing to help any one anytime as most people do, I helped Matt who was leading the comp on his 10 with his clutch troubles so he could make the next round & keep him the comp lead from me, I have seen Leonard & others give people parts so they can race in a final, that's what mate ship is about, sorry to hear someone is carrying on
Kev was fantastic with my seat at his own cost time & effort 3 times re did it to get it perfect that's what I call customer service you just don't get elsewhere,
So the others your sets ups are next, maybe pm me if you want or FB me
Sorry for butting in guys, Was wandering what would I expect and off the shelf 12model to pull on the quarter? assuming Ive got resonable gate times. Am thinking of getting to a track day in Perth for shits an giggles.Ghastly
Bike looks like a goer hope you enjoy yerself Simmo.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(02-04-2013, 04:50pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: Sorry for butting in guys, Was wandering what would I expect and off the shelf 12model to pull on the quarter? assuming Ive got resonable gate times. Am thinking of getting to a track day in Perth for shits an giggles.Ghastly
Bike looks like a goer hope you enjoy yerself Simmo.

If your a light weight jockey I have seen 10.0's flat,the young Guy had been at the track 3 or 4 times before on a different bike, most start out 11's or high 10's, you will find the Gen2s likes to wheel stand a bit Lol2 do it your love it Pi_thumbsup
(02-04-2013, 08:18am)big kev Wrote: It's a funny thing guys Simmo is helping me out with set up of the clutch but in the background he's copping flack for doing it from 1 person which I'm a little disappointed to be honest

This person doesn't know the full details that I've done a custom seat for Simmo and this is simmo's way of giving back , I know this person can see this post so I would like to say to this member thank you for assuming that Simmo is giving away drag bike secrets and not charging me for the privilege of getting top secret info that they guard with there life because god forbid you want to share anything for free

My goal with this drag bike was to enjoy drag racing but I can already see someone I know wanting to suck the fun out of it , I went racing on my road bike last yr and I instantly became addicted and it was lea rod and Simmo that made me see the fun side of it and that's what I want to go fast make great friendships and enjoy my drag racing

Just have fun Kev it has Takin Simmo a few years in his Sport to get where he is now And i can see in the future his times will come down even more .
So if you can get some tips from someone like Simmo take them and have fun doing it
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
all i want to do is have fun with my friends that share the same passions as me

i might have lost it a little in my post but i want fun from drag racing thats all there is to it
(03-04-2013, 09:55am)big kev Wrote: all i want to do is have fun with my friends that share the same passions as me

i might have lost it a little in my post but i want fun from drag racing thats all there is to it

Yeh Kev. You lost it, big time! I hadn't heard you use words like "disappointed" and "god forbid", EVER! Now go wash out your mouth with soap.
Simmo do you run a quikshifter? and if so whaty type? if thats cool to ask, was thinking of getting one for my bike. Found a mob called
Annitori price aint to bad around the $300 mark, Apparently plug and play. Have heard they arnt bad for for street and dont have to use if ya dont want to.
Any help would be great. I could be going overboard for no reason!
But bling is bling
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(03-04-2013, 11:12am)Corpsedealer Wrote: Simmo do you run a quikshifter? and if so whaty type? if thats cool to ask, was thinking of getting one for my bike. Found a mob called
Annitori price aint to bad around the $300 mark, Apparently plug and play. Have heard they arnt bad for for street and dont have to use if ya dont want to.
Any help would be great. I could be going overboard for no reason!
But bling is bling

I'm going with MPS for my shifter they make a great kit

Cycle-Tech.com air shifter, I have had it for about 7 years now with very few problems, I have it set up with ECU flashing to kill the fuel & spark & run a little 12 volt air pump to fill the air bottle up