Ohlins
What's the best (cheapest) way to buy an Ohlins rear shock for my 1999. Prices overseas don't seem to much cheaper? Is there any other type I should be looking at? Any advice appreciated!
I know a guy in the us. he has a shop.
that's where i got mine....

you could send him an email and see what the best price would be...
Bohemian Racing

dennis is his name.
mention me if you like.
Ashley

If I had some spare south sea peso's, I would plonk it here....

BusaRacer Turbo -M-
(22-03-2013, 06:50am)CaptainRob Wrote: What's the best (cheapest) way to buy an Ohlins rear shock for my 1999. Prices overseas don't seem to much cheaper? Is there any other type I should be looking at? Any advice appreciated!

Gen2 OEM re-valved and with a proper spring rate for your weight is not a bad option. I had it before I bought an Ohlins and frankly the only difference I noticed was the price.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Shifu how much did doing your stock rear cost?
Regards

Dan
I priced one yesterday, $1600 installed. That's resprung to suit my weight. Wilbers make a good one too. I do all my own work but I don't bother with this as I know an expert who I trust, it needs to be set up properly anyway and as part of the deal I get that.

If I go ahead I'll do the forks at the same time, $2700 all up.
[Image: ohlins.jpg]
Where from gringo?
Miles from you mate lol. Suspension improvements off moss st in brisbane. He installed the same setup on my ZZR and it was like riding a 750 afterwards. Absolute magic. Yes $2600 is a lot but spread over the 6 years I rode the bike thats less than $500 a year, measured against tires about the same hey and makes all those long miles so much more comfortable.

Having said all that I'm going down next wed to get him to set up my stock suspention as best can be. $30 about, and postpone the big conversion for six months while I save and think. I have been playing with the stock settings and getting a little improvement so he should be able to get a LOT of improvement.

I had to do the zzr, they were all pigs out of the factory, but this k10 doesn't seem too bad to an old road rider like myself.
(22-03-2013, 08:04pm)Dan85 Wrote: Shifu how much did doing your stock rear cost?

About $450 including the spring.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(23-03-2013, 08:32pm)gringo Wrote: Miles from you mate lol. Suspension improvements off moss st in brisbane. He installed the same setup on my ZZR and it was like riding a 750 afterwards. Absolute magic. Yes $2600 is a lot but spread over the 6 years I rode the bike thats less than $500 a year, measured against tires about the same hey and makes all those long miles so much more comfortable.

Having said all that I'm going down next wed to get him to set up my stock suspention as best can be. $30 about, and postpone the big conversion for six months while I save and think. I have been playing with the stock settings and getting a little improvement so he should be able to get a LOT of improvement.

I had to do the zzr, they were all pigs out of the factory, but this k10 doesn't seem too bad to an old road rider like myself.

Mate I spent 8g on my last Busa without a turbo or suspension...

I'd like to do suspension first on this one.