k1 to k7 fuel fitlers for $300 new
right yella being the good bloke he is sent me this link for filters for our busa,s as we know any saving is a good thing if you by itl owe you 310 delivered not $419 and up from Australian retailers
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/su...pQod5yYA8Q
300 for a fuel filter................cant you get one from supercheap for like $3?
Regards

Dan
Good luck with that
U buy one revhead & post up a pic for us to c

,all i c is bar code, price for somthing, pretty labeling & a part number

I wanna c what fuel filter u get for

" $300.oo "
im buying on from action suzuki in sydney ,he,s offered me as great price,as im in the trade/ this was a link from sent to me from another member ,
Im just gobsmacked a fuel filter could cost so much! where in the system does this sit?
Ive had a look and the only thing that pops to mind is thats the actual pump aswell? I know the listing on your link is fuel filter but looking at other sites ie bike bandit etc at the schematics it looks to me its the pump aswell.

http://www.bikebandit.com/2000-suzuki-ha...#sch246329
Regards

Dan
(13-03-2013, 07:42pm)Dan85 Wrote: Im just gobsmacked a fuel filter could cost so much! where in the system does this sit?
Ive had a look and the only thing that pops to mind is thats the actual pump aswell? I know the listing on your link is fuel filter but looking at other sites ie bike bandit etc at the schematics it looks to me its the pump aswell.

ok, lets start, the whole assembly fuel pump an filter plus housing costs anywere from $900 to $1200 depends were you buy ,im sure suzuki has patented the fuel system as so no one can make or copy the system ,this in turn, makes suzuki alot of money and inturn makes us poorPi_thumbsdown

(13-03-2013, 08:06pm)revhead Wrote:
(13-03-2013, 07:42pm)Dan85 Wrote: Im just gobsmacked a fuel filter could cost so much! where in the system does this sit?

ok, lets start, the whole assembly fuel pump an filter plus housing costs anywere from $900 to $1200 depends were you buy, and the filter sits directly onto of the fuel pimp in the tank ,im sure suzuki has patented the fuel system as so no one can make or copy the system ,this in turn, makes suzuki alot of money and inturn makes us poorPi_thumbsdown

sorry for the double post but i hit edit but ended up making a booboo,ll
That's outrageous isn't it! Last fuel filter I bought for my car was only $10-$15
Regards

Dan
(13-03-2013, 09:43pm)Dan85 Wrote: That's outrageous isn't it! Last fuel filter I bought for my car was only $10-$15
it is ,i remember many years ago ford did patent a certain model, the headlights alone were $1100 each tailights were $300 each ,it is verty unfair ,and considering there are no models that will swap over as well is so stoopid on suzuki,s part

What I did on my super duke was put a billet inline filter that I can pull apart and clean.
So pull fuel pump and filter from tank, Take out the fuel filter but leave the pre filter then put it all back together and fit inline filter but make sure you get one that is for fuel injection and can handle the pressure mine is rated at 55psi 40 micron.
By the way you should be able to get one from super cheap for $30 or $40.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Wont work u need to run a return line and a pressure reg
Today pulled filter out and cut th top off .there is only a small paper
Filter inside.wha ta interesting was all th crud in the swirl pot as I only clean
That in january il put up piccis when I get home from work
ok heres the piccis and im sure i can remove the paper filter though and add an external filter
[Image: 601090_4406630016069_400285027_n.jpg]
[Image: 418917_4406630656085_1002401895_n.jpg]
[Image: 480941_4406631336102_1976315860_n.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)