Why the hell would you ride a bike?
"Why the hell would you ride a bike?
They're so dangerous..."
:-)
every day I pass a huge billboard that tells me motorcyclists are 38 times more at risk of injury. But I always ask 38 times more than who or what?
A pedestrian, a car driver, the guy that works at the servo, someone on public transport?.....they don't seem to tell me what or who I'm 38 times
more at risk of being injured against.

As for motorcycles being dangerous.....mines in the driveway right now and is 99.99999999% likely not to injur anyone or anything. It's very safe.
The bike aint dangerous.....the rider is.
Ha ha.....there's really no point in giving them the answer, coz the type of people that always ask that will never fully understand why, coz they'll never have balls (or ovaries) big enough to try it for themselves!!
I really feel so sorry for them....coz a life lived without the high-speed thrills and adrenalin of bike riding.....ain't much of a life, to me!!!
I do it because other bikers nod at me. Tried it with the Volvo, but nobody nods back.
Calculated risk.

38 times more dangerous,
38,000 times more fun.

I'm OK with that.
Notice that those '38 times the risk' never break down the risk for type of vehicle involved? They just say on telly 'no matter who's at fault...' It's always a fear factor with governments and never true education. Cause if they really broke it sll down they would have to lower our TAC charges a fair hike, as we as riders are (apart from speeding) are most likely in the top bracket of the safest road users out there-cause you have to be or you don't last. You HAVD to keep your eyes on the road and all your surroundings.
They publicize for the masses, which we as riders are not.

Gee, don't run adverts explaining to car drivers the total danger THEY as a whole put US in constantly...that would upset to many people. I choose to live my live any way I deem fit to legally, and who is my government to stop me I ask you??
f*** them all,38 times,is all I say.
i ride because i have ridden motor bikes since i was 7, i love the feeling of freedom rain or shine,coming off has only happened 3x times since 1980 plus its par for the course ,ive seen people smash and destroy a car every year for 5 yrs .bike riding isnt dangerous,the other road users make it dangerous for us ,but if you can ride defensibly,and you can anticipate the car driver by watching them as you ride ,and your thinking about riding ,to get were you must youl make it safe all the time,thinking of buying milk and bread or the boss pissed me off or im getting a root when i get home will 90% of the time put you in hospital!
I've had more car accidents in my life than i've had bike accidents ..

I must be a really dangerous driver ..
im confused revhead.
so i need to stop having sex so i dont crash any more. Im not sure i can do that one...
Horses are to slow & flexi cars too boringk
Far better to live your life than spend every day trying to preserve it.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(15-02-2013, 02:44pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Far better to live your life than spend every day trying to preserve it.
that one qualifies for front page quotes...done...on the list

(15-02-2013, 08:48am)DjPete Wrote: im confused revhead.
so i need to stop having sex so i dont crash any more. Im not sure i can do that one...
a root is a root a ride is a ride you choose!