Changing gearing
I've gone -2 front +5 rear.
Speedo healer, and lots of fun.
Its a wheely machine
(13-02-2013, 08:55pm)BEAU Wrote: Aren't suzuki's speedos legally allowed to be +/- 10%?

Not really. The legal side from what I remember is all speedo's regardless of manufacturer are allowed to be inacurate up to 10% (might be 7%?) but are never allowed to display a speed slower than actual.
Horses for courses, no right or wrong.

My Busa and King both run stock gearing and
both run taller rear tyres. Suits their uses.

My GSX1400 is one tooth down on the front.
Makes it real sharp and keen in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
I use it around town, the local mountains and as a
legal speed limit pillion bike. Dispite what I was told
it doesn't drink the fuel and isn't reving hard on the highways.
I just don't use it for high speed runs.

The GSX14 has a KOSO aftermarket dash and against
my Satnav or GPS is more acurate than any of my other
bikes and its easy to adjust and check.
(13-02-2013, 09:46pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Horses for courses, no right or wrong.

My Busa and King both run stock gearing and
both run taller rear tyres. Suits their uses.

My GSX1400 is one tooth down on the front.
Makes it real sharp and keen in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
I use it around town, the local mountains and as a
legal speed limit pillion bike. Dispite what I was told
it doesn't drink the fuel and isn't reving hard on the highways.
I just don't use it for high speed runs.

The GSX14 has a KOSO aftermarket dash and against
my Satnav or GPS is more acurate than any of my other
bikes and its easy to adjust and check.

My god! I haven't found a bike yet that beats my GSX1400 off the lights... I can't believe you've gone shorter with it. In 1st and 2nd you must spend more time changing than squirting it! Lol and even with the jack up blocks mine still scrapes to.

(13-02-2013, 07:57pm)Huffy Wrote: I weigh 115 - 118 kilos (depending on if I have stopped off at my favourite kebab shop and gorged on everything in sight).

I don't get the chance to go on really long trips and i'm really just after quicker acceleration (i know it's already quick, but i just want more Idiot2)

I think i will try +2 back for starters and see how that feels. The Speedohealer has already been ordered.

Has anyone done +3 rear ?

Thanks for all advice and opinions given.

I think loosing 20 kg would have the same effect Coolsmiley
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(13-02-2013, 10:14pm)BEAU Wrote: My god! I haven't found a bike yet that beats my GSX1400 off the lights... I can't believe you've gone shorter with it. In 1st and 2nd you must spend more time changing than squirting it! Lol and even with the jack up blocks mine still scrapes to.

Yeah, mine's 1 down on the front, but also has a full Yoshimura Cyclone System,
and a Power-commander 3, mapped on the dyno.
Its quite entertaining for a steel framed, twin shock brute...Lol3

Imagine losing 20kgs and changing the gearing ! Lol3
Imagine hotting the motor up,
lowering the gearing,
and only weighing 80kg.........Lol3
(14-02-2013, 04:21pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Imagine hotting the motor up,
lowering the gearing,
and only weighing 80kg.........Lol3

That's half cheating though cause the less you weigh the easyer it is to hang on, I know cause I lost 35kg. Busa felt exactly the same though...
Has anyone done -1 front, +2 rear ?
(15-02-2013, 03:51pm)Huffy Wrote: Has anyone done -1 front, +2 rear ?

I did on my Gen 1

It was 16-42 and it was insane. Switched it back to stock after a couple of months

I have on my turbo ZX7 makes it real fun YesWtfClap

done nothing on the bus yet so probably no help :)
Turbo ZX7 for the street Biker
Busa for the drags Trophy

-1 front, +2 rear is quite a significant change Huffy. It'll be one hell of an accelerating beast.... but rideability for street would be shite.
I think (off memory), -1 in the front is roughly equivelant to +3 in the rear....so you'd be doing the same as going a +5 rear.
I can't remember where it's is on here, but I've seen a post where someone posted ALL the gear cog/tooth size differences and what they equal ie-: one down one the front would = whatever on the rear... Can an admin find this as I'd love to print it as a ref...
(15-02-2013, 10:42pm)BEAU Wrote: I can't remember where it's is on here, but I've seen a post where someone posted ALL the gear cog/tooth size differences and what they equal ie-: one down one the front would = whatever on the rear... Can an admin find this as I'd love to print it as a ref...

The maths is very simple... Cog to cog ratio for teeth can give you the numbers you need... For example
Front teeth = 8 rear = 40 is a ratio of 8:40 so front turns 5 times for 1 turn of rear
(40/8=5)
Changing front
9:40 (40/9=4.444) which also equals 8:35.5 (8*4.444)
7:40 (40/7=5.714) which also equals 8:45.7 (8*5.714)

Sometimes ppl get confused thinking the diameter of the wheel needs to be included but gearing is simply about the number of times one cog turns to make the other cog turn... The cogs could be in millimetre, centimetre or metres....
(13-02-2013, 08:55pm)BEAU Wrote: Aren't suzuki's speedos legally allowed to be +/- 10%?

From what I remember here in Australia all vehicle speedos have to be within 3-8% over so that they show you are doing faster than what y are. Every vehicle I have owned, including my busa, has shown an average of about 5% over. NO speedo is allowed to be reading under and if it is found too then you WILL get a defect notice.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!