Gettin old
I have issues with my wrists on most rides, and on very long rides I'm also like the hunchback of Notre Dame .. Pi_freak

My opinion of the busa is it requires an older head but a younger body .. Lol3
(10-02-2013, 02:40pm)Dale Wrote: I have issues with my wrists on most rides, and on very long rides I'm also like the hunchback of Notre Dame .. Pi_freak

I have trouble with my wrists to. I got a mild case of Carpul Tunnel Syndrome and usually find the first 3 fingers on me right hand are numb within ten minutes of riding. Give it a quick bang on the side of the fuel tank and shes all good for another ten minutes. Pi_thumbsup

Bar end weights.
An old guy in Ulysses told me that bar end weights are a science in themselves. He saw me shaking my hands on a ride and suggested that I change them for heavier ones (on my FJR) - instant change, no more pins and needles! The ones i have on now are twice the weight of the factory ones. Apparently bar end weights were part of the tuning process for older bikes for different tracks. There's quite a bit of info on the 'net. Worked for me, easy, cheap fix. Maybe someone on the forum will know more?
Yeah its inevitable getting old , nothing lasts forever but I still root like a maniac but.
i dont have a problem with getting old its only a week since i did come off ,but the sore joints ,and pulled muscles,suck the most
(10-02-2013, 05:32pm)jamdonut Wrote: Yeah its inevitable getting old , nothing lasts forever but I still root like a maniac but.

Too much information brother .. Lol2
(10-02-2013, 05:04pm)hendrixhc Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 02:40pm)Dale Wrote: I have issues with my wrists on most rides, and on very long rides I'm also like the hunchback of Notre Dame .. Pi_freak

I have trouble with my wrists to. I got a mild case of Carpul Tunnel Syndrome and usually find the first 3 fingers on me right hand are numb within ten minutes of riding. Give it a quick bang on the side of the fuel tank and shes all good for another ten minutes. Pi_thumbsupTry bigger grips.Works for me.

(10-02-2013, 06:23pm)revhead Wrote: i dont have a problem with getting old its only a week since i did come off ,but the sore joints ,and pulled muscles,suck the most
Not sure how old you are Revhead but Im over the 50 mark now and I tell you injuries take a lot longer to heal.
:-)

Apart from getting old, many hand, wrist and arm injuries over the years have left me with nerve damage and limited motion, which does give me issues on really long rides but more so during jammed up city commuting. Just fitted a set of heli bars this afternoon. Hope they work as well for me as they have for others here.
Heli/Bars and one of Kevs low profile seats works for me

And how come I,m on my P,s and wtf does 0% warning level mean? Serious ,what is that all about. Maybe this should be in another thread,but I have been baffled for some time now, not that it matters, but it,s about time i figure this out..

Hitting 50 (Y.O. and kmh) sucks. However, after 160 (kmh) I find that wind pressure against my body takes the weight off my wrists and back and I feel fine.

But commuting means you occasionally have to slow down. And my wrists hurt again. So I machined up a one-inch riser using 1" thick aluminium plate (what a coincidence!) and basic home workshop tools. All the threaded holes come in handy for mounting displays and data loggers from.

[Image: 030_milling_zpsf7921266.jpg]

[Image: 040_tappincopy_zpsc24bb884.jpg]

[Image: 050_Assembled_zps9d4a1cb4.jpg]

[Image: 066_In_place_zpsbcb74778.jpg]

Camel
(09-02-2013, 03:25pm)bazman Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 02:23pm)BusaJim Wrote: It's not the years bazman it's the mileage we put ourselves through

Yeah, you're right about that for sure, Jim.....how's things going down there for you, mate....all good I hope?

....and how's the red/black travelling? Undecided

Coolsmiley

Can't complain mate the bikes still an ornimate in the garage fingers crossed I will be back out on the roads soon.

Jim
(08-02-2013, 10:16pm)Pommie Wrote: I had to make a concession to getting old this week. My wrists and elbows are starting to give me some stick on the Busa now, arthur ritis has decided to live with me... so I fitted a set of 1" bar risers, huge difference and so much more comfortable. It'll be a bloody sheepskin seat next to cosset me roids

Same problem too mate , wrists and elbows but the shoulders are Ok, I'm old enough to remember my Dad's new HD Holden and the pics we took of it in the driveway. 1965

Have a bar riser kit and some Buell pegs which bolt straight on and give an extra bit of room being a bit lower - works for me.

Just a matter of time and this is what I'll look like on the bike...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEYIcCmmSmaMf5CpFWKPF...1NKyO2vAed]
I just got back from a 4300k round trip up to Coffs & this was my 1st trip on the busa. I've got 3 other bikes but this is the longest reach to the bars for me since 1989 when I traded the GSXR100 on a Harley.
We went via Jindabyne & Bathurst & I'm surprised how comfy the bike was, although my hands were very sore we averaged 700+k's a day.