Melbourne - Wednesday Lattes
Cats always land on their feet. ................. How about busas ? Cheers,
Holge
<i></i>
yep, i'll pay that mate. Still I could see the envy in your eyes when you saw me in the mazda yesterday.
I need to scroung up a new helmet and leathers, so I can ride again. does anyone know if OGK are any good? (I want another ARAI but I also want to ride sooner rather than later) I've got one of my 400'2 ready to register but now need the new gear before I do. <i></i>
Quote:the VFR has been sorted out and what happened is that the battery died a horrible death as a result of poor connections and also incorect wiring to the aftermarker regulator/rectifier. (this part was installed prior to Rocket purchasing the bike).
Im afraid you have been given the wrong information here Holge.
First up it was not an AFTERMARKET reg/rect,it was a genuine article that i admit i bought and fitted myself about a month after purchasing the bike.
2.The connecters were not changed they were std honda connections and cannot be connected wrongly,otherwise it would never have worked.
I had been riding on this rectifer for prolly a few years minus
the time it rested when i was licenceless without a prob.
I think you will find what the prob was,is yes you said you ran your heated grips all day and that is a huge drain on the std honda charging system which isnt the greatest at the best of times and i guess the weakest link is the connecter.
I have heard of some guys replacing the whole charging system wiring with heavier gauge stuff as the std stuff is just good enough to cope with the std everyday running of the bike without running other ancillaries.
So my point is it wasnt fitted incorrectly,its just honda not making the best charging system available,but having said that,they still are a great bike.
I guess every bike has its cheesy bits.

The Phantom is back !<i></i>
although I see where your comming from, it seems that the connections on that part of the loom were less than perfect. Either the bloke before you had already replaced the reg/rect or it just had a dodgy connection that decided to let go......... you of all people know that nothing is built to last forever and sometimes things just decide that they have had enough. It happens.

Also Shane (the mechanic) tested the charging system with the grips on and he believes that it is sufficient to cope with the power drain. So we will see.

Well I can break it down into its simplest form..........

Riding bike - Bike stops - Give bike to mechanic - Mechanic fix bike - Pay mechanic - Ride away happy.

To be honest I really couldn't care less why it happened so long as it doesn't happen again. I can of-course appreciate your interest in the matter but from my point of veiw....well, summer is nearly here and I just wanna ride! Cheers,
Holge
<i>Edited by: Holger the Dane&nbsp; at: 19/10/06 22:22
</i>
Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,Photography, Bullshit Artist!

"I don't want a pickle,
I just wanna ride my motorsickle."
Arlo Guthrie 1968<i></i>
Nicely said Holge...
as Gydy would say...
THE END.
Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World

"I don't want a pickle,
Arlo Guthrie 1968<i></i>
Rotorua,great place for beers,coffee,backpackers,lots of bars and cafes with good scenery.Beautiful weather,usually and no shortage of water,great trout fishing(5 on opening day) 10 lakes,great roads and hardley any wish you were here. Ronnie
Ramjet

<i></i>
So is that an invitation to put us up if we come over,Ronnie?
Never been to enzud.Ill bring the urban assalt over aka the tank slapper.
The Phantom is back !<i></i>
Hey Rocket i even bought a 2000 Tarago,plenty room,but took the seats out to fit me new KDX200 in. But room is not a problem. Rotorua has about 200 motels. Ronnie
Ramjet

<i></i>
is anyone meeting up tomorrow? I'm getting off work early so I should be able to make it. <i></i>
I've been a bit crook Maggot, but I would like to go if I can. <i></i>
I'm out for this week and next... See yas in a fortnight <i></i>
I'm in..
Where were we meeting again?? Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World

"I don't want a pickle,
Arlo Guthrie 1968<i></i>
anywhere I can park the tintop preferably. What was that joint like last week? I got down there but I only got there in time to see Mr DJ buggering off and caught up briefly with Holge <i></i>
Blaq Liquid will be happy to stay open again for us tonight and do the food thing again if we can give an indication of turning up.

Hope to see a few there if that's the case.

Try and indicate as soon as possible. <i></i>