Top Speed in each gear
(16-01-2013, 04:09pm)Skidmarx Wrote: thats odd revhead, the engine being clapped out shouldnt have any effect on speed reached at redline, just the fact if it can reach redline or not,
honestly its got me stumped as the motor only has 38k on the clock ,my old donk had 108k and would pull like a f18 it would do 140k in 1st,im not sure how to get it sorted as i think the motor has just been babied to much to the point were its a slug,im going to get it dynoed and remapped to see if we can get more power out of it ,if not il buy another busa to get a better motor ,then refitt my motor and resell

(16-01-2013, 04:04pm)Skidmarx Wrote: hahaha, your right mate!!! sorry about that, the post has been edited with the right clip

p.s i listened to the clip again and i just cant get over how poor the audio quality is on that new camera

Sounds like the camera came with a hammerdrill attachment Lol2Roll
(16-01-2013, 06:35pm)revhead Wrote:
(16-01-2013, 04:09pm)Skidmarx Wrote: thats odd revhead, the engine being clapped out shouldnt have any effect on speed reached at redline, just the fact if it can reach redline or not,
honestly its got me stumped as the motor only has 38k on the clock ,my old donk had 108k and would pull like a f18 it would do 140k in 1st,im not sure how to get it sorted as i think the motor has just been babied to much to the point were its a slug,im going to get it dynoed and remapped to see if we can get more power out of it ,if not il buy another busa to get a better motor ,then refitt my motor and resell

Please keep in mind guys that Gen 1 and Gen 2 gearbox ratios are different so it will be the speeds in each gear.

Revhead, it seems to me that all you need is a tune-up. There can not be anything mechanically wrong with the engine that has done 38K and not been f*&ed with by someone without a clue. A lot of people put on different exhausts (or even air filters) and forget to tune it after it to match to the engine. Unless you have a full system specifically designed for and tested on the Busa (I am aware of only Akrapovic that really makes a specifically designed exhaust for the Busa) you might seriously affect the performance by changing the cans. So that would be a good start before you start maybe unnecssary spending big money. Cheers.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
totally understand what youve written but with the original motor ,i fitted a full titanium ARATA 4into1
bought from a local guy ,also at the same time i fitted a k&n air cleaner ,the improvements were immense , wheni got the donor bike it had the guts ripped out of the air box ,and had a yoshi 4into1 and the muffler was empty and the bike wouldnt rev past 7k in any gear ,now it revs to 10500rpm but is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ,lol
Could it possibly be the throttle Pete? To me it sounds like the throttle is limited in some way. You just need to somehow turn the sucker further!
Skidy you need a LED flassher unit to slow the turn lights down Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(17-01-2013, 09:01pm)pan Wrote: Could it possibly be the throttle Pete? To me it sounds like the throttle is limited in some way. You just need to somehow turn the sucker further!
ive got a 1/4 turn unit on there, il check it and get back to you!