How do u keep cool when riding in 40'deg heat
(05-01-2013, 10:38am)DjPete Wrote: at last someone with a "REAL" answer lol

Nothing wrong with the bucket of Water Coolsmiley
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
not very professional lol
but it IS practical and my favourite. FREE
I bought a Joe Rocket mesh jacket last year when Bikegearwarehouse had them on special, once you get going it's like you are not even wearing a jacket, best summer jacket I've owned.
I used to use a product which was like a rolled handkerchief around the neck with crystals in it which "froze" when you soaked it in cold water - stayed that way for hours. Amazing how it kept the body cool.
Can't think of the name of it and I'm pretty sure I bought it at the markets somewhere....

Cheers
John
You could unload a can of this down the front of your strides!!!

http://shop.coolshirt.com/p/freeze-spray?pp=12&pp=12

Scary
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
This helps

[Image: harden.gif]
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Was no drama getting some K's in today,
noticed it was a little on the warm side of nice.

After each set of lights leaving the city I got a few seconds chill
as the wind hit the sweat running down me, and every fuel stop
or drink break I struggled to get my sweaty gloves on and off.

Still more fun than being at work....

[Image: hot121.jpg]

.. about time they fixed these f#ckin' Qld roads though !

[Image: hot122.jpg]

[Image: hot123.jpg]
I wondered why bagged ice had an odour and tasted salty.

(04-01-2013, 02:03pm)bazman Wrote: when ya pull into the servo, after you soak your shirt....wedge it in underneath all the packs of ice in the ice pack fridge for 10 min....most servos have 'em outside in the corner somewhere (and if ur lucky, it'll be unlocked!!)

A few of us went for a run from Albury towards Thredbo last Sunday. I wore my Joe Rocket Hayabusa jacket with all vents open and 1 dude turned up with t shirt and jeans, no gloves and joggers!... This is a 300klm ride each way and when we left it was already 32deg..
By the time we arrived at Corryong via the River rd. it was about 37deg and after our short lunch it was over 40.
Guys coming down from Kanchoban told us the tar was all melted and very slippery, worse then wet. We decided to turn back and the poor b*stard without gear had to stop as soon as we saw water and jumped in to cool off.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
re Busgos post above...
obviously a very experienced rider that never falls off to be wearing shorts, jeans and joggers.
!!
Quite some years ago the US armed forces (possibly the USAF) did some testing in Death Valley Nevada. The guys with garments that covered them fairly comprehensively apparently did a lot better than those in shorts etc. I also found when I first came to WA that open face helmets were unbearable on dry hot days.

When I became a grade cricket umpire I found the best solution on 40+ days was to think cool, and wear an undershirt and boxers.

So my suggestions are to cover up, hang loose and think cool thoughts...........................
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Maybe u no risten

I do wear full leathers

I wont ride in anything like joe rocket air vent jackets

If it's not leather & vented , as my leather jacket is...
I just stay putt.. No need to sweat for anything( but sex)

But i wont ride in short shorts or t-shirts & thongs

As I've seen these last few weeks...
Full leathers always, chest and back protection armour always.actually its when I get off the bike I; sweat.I pour a little water sometimes inside to wet my t shirt.just drink heaps if water and sweat feels cool when I start riding.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(10-01-2013, 08:58pm)BUSGO Wrote: A few of us went for a run from Albury towards Thredbo last Sunday. I wore my Joe Rocket Hayabusa jacket with all vents open and 1 dude turned up with t shirt and jeans, no gloves and joggers!... This is a 300klm ride each way and when we left it was already 32deg..
By the time we arrived at Corryong via the River rd. it was about 37deg and after our short lunch it was over 40.
Guys coming down from Kanchoban told us the tar was all melted and very slippery, worse then wet. We decided to turn back and the poor b*stard without gear had to stop as soon as we saw water and jumped in to cool off.

A good case of wind burn Scary
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Living up in Qld I've noticed less riders in shorts and t-shirts but I have noticed that the ones that do ride like a tool , full blast up middle of traffic .
[Image: photo3.jpg]