Who has had fuel pump issues in the past few months?
Just something I'm currently looking into but;

If you've been having fuel pump/filter blockage issues in the past 4-6 months can you please add a post and mention what fuel you have mostly been using. I have been talking with a technical engineer from one of the major oil companies and they are VERY interested in the amount of bikes having problems recently and will be investigating it further.
I've counted about 14 members here from recent posts but want to try and get a better scope of how many.

cheers Biker

edit: If anyone has a sample of the muck or even photo's of what came out of their filter/pump assembly and can get it to me by early next week send me a pm.
I will be giving them some for testing but the more samples from different bikes/locations the better
Edit;
Me
2001 busa/130.000k's
Bp 95ron (not 98ron ultimate)
Replaced fuel pump with walbro255L,inline filter,return line-gauge then fpr800(fuel pressure regulator) then return to tank ...
Run & set @ 45psi
Yep.
Bought 2004 with 30,000km. Fuel pump drama at 32,000km. I was using only BP Ultimate but don't know what the previous owner was using.
Fuel pump replaced.
Now at 39,000km still running only BP Ultimate, no dramas yet (touch wood).
BTW, I kept using Ultimate as I have been using it in my other bikes for years with no dramas, so hoped it had nothing to do with the fuel pump issue.
Hey bikerboy
How well do u know damien at raceway suzuki
As he scrubed my pick up filter-he took a few pic's,
Pm me your mobile number, I'll send the pic'

Still have pick up filter somwhere,I'll avea look for it
Damien maybe able give u some filters
And some more pic's
Several busa-powered buggies I know of but that came down to dirt ingress past the tank breather.

In terms of what a prematurely worn pump will do to your performance; my petrol-engined Nissan Patrol was running like shit and I suspected it was lean, so after checking compression, valve clearances, injectors, filters, etc I fitted a wide-band oxygen sensor and data logger to check just how lean the air-fuel ratio (AFR) was:
19.5:1 !!!!
Stoich is 14.7:1 and a busa likes to be around 12.5 - 13.5:1. I rechecked injectors, lines, and replaced all filters. No change. I re-checked fuel pressure before and after the regulator. Very low, far lower than the service limit. So I jury-rigged a Bosch fuel pump I had lying around, the pressure was a tad higher than Patrol spec as was the volume. Now running too rich (for a car) 12.5:1 - but it transformed the Patrol! Goes like stink. Chews fuel faster than a Busa on Nitrous.
(02-11-2012, 08:29pm)Camel Wrote: Several busa-powered buggies I know of but that came down to dirt ingress past the tank breather.

In terms of what a prematurely worn pump will do to your performance; my petrol-engined Nissan Patrol was running like shit and I suspected it was lean, so after checking compression, valve clearances, injectors, filters, etc I fitted a wide-band oxygen sensor and data logger to check just how lean the air-fuel ratio (AFR) was:
19.5:1 !!!!
Stoich is 14.7:1 and a busa likes to be around 12.5 - 13.5:1. I rechecked injectors, lines, and replaced all filters. No change. I re-checked fuel pressure before and after the regulator. Very low, far lower than the service limit. So I jury-rigged a Bosch fuel pump I had lying around, the pressure was a tad higher than Patrol spec as was the volume. Now running too rich (for a car) 12.5:1 - but it transformed the Patrol! Goes like stink. Chews fuel faster than a Busa on Nitrous.
man ive had spluttering ,missing ,then i lifted the tank found the smallest crack in the fool line ,also drained the tank found ,the last servo had sold me half a tank of water,as well as crap fuel ,not happy ,i cleaned my pre filter got like a black sand substance out of it ,had to buy 10mil fuel line and make my own lines,im over all the shitty fuel these servos are selling,Wtf
thanks for the posts so far Pi_thumbsup keep em coming. Meeting the guy on Wednesday.
Hey paul ,
Damien at raceway suzuki said
If you want to try'n clean
The pickup filters
Use

" oven cleaner "

Spray it on ,let it go foamy then scrubb

Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands,
Eye & clothin,

Cover up , oven cleaner is nasty
(04-11-2012, 01:51pm)RYDRZ Wrote: Hey paul ,
The pickup filters
Use

" oven cleaner "

Eye & clothin,

ive fitted a new fuel tank washed and cleaned everything ,but the bloody thing has the smallest miss at low RPM,s this is shitting me as i have a big ride this coming week,f@#k! it has new irridium plugs,so there good.
(04-11-2012, 01:51pm)RYDRZ Wrote: Hey paul ,
The pickup filters
Use

" oven cleaner "

Eye & clothin,

GenII pickup filter is like a heavy duty tea bag....thick material gauze. I soaked it in a solution that breaks down fuel gunk but was actualy quite clean to begin.
Strange considering that the filter/regulator assembly was blocked to the shit.
ok ,i drained my fuel tank for the 1000th time today ,cleaned injectors in my ironising bath today put it all back together ,still the same ,so i drained it again ,put 2 ltrs in the tank rode 2ks to the servo ,still ran like a bucket, got to the servo filled it with ,i know i know,not good E10 ! rode up the road for about 2 ks the missing stopped and the bike actually pulled to redline and reved smooth as ,no missing back firing or fluffy feeling ,im taking the 98 back to the servo tomorrow to get them to send it off for checking,ive spoke to the owner ,he,s a friend of mine ,he told me he cannot understad it ,unless they got a bad batch of 98 from Sydney.
so i fitted new fuel lines
cleaned the injectors, blew out all lines
fitted new aircleaner
4x iridium plugs
even fitted a brand new fuel tank that i had as spare ,
checked every electrical join and plug ,
mywife hit the nailon the head ,she said to me ,youl fix it i have faith in you,lol ,well i did ,i took the long route,Trophy
Prevention is better than cure;
Just throw the ounce of fuel left in the water trap on the deck of the servo, after all, none of the jingly's working in ozzie servos do driveway service anymore, and clean their servo pump final filters by removing em alltogether so you all cop shite fuel.
Always carry one in ya backpack;

http://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-w...el-funnel/

....cheap insurance, & you won't have to wait over 5 years for it to work like Bob Carr's rip off NSW CTP Green Slip Insurance
I have no favourite fuel and buy 95 or 98 from anywhere. Apart from a recent high pitched whine when it's cold everything else has been good. Will replace it at next service. Any idea of cost on genuine part?
Thx people.. Just finished washin my bike and about to open a beer then I read this........ Looks like its back in the shed instead and pull the ole girl apart to see if my filters r blocked. Yep I got a slight hiccup when idling. Had injectors sonic cleaned last week and it was great seeing my economy go from 10.2 lt/100 down to 5.4 lt/100. :) the guy at Fastrack bike autos also retuned the girl for less fuel at top end rev range which has given me at least another 10% power when I get there...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!