Particular attention to NSW riders
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
"This all falls into line with the recent restructure of the NSW Highway Patrol.
HP Officers are now out from under the direct control of the Local Area Commands (LACs) and are now under a central management."

G'day
Interesting this, coz way back in the 70's (yes I'm that old) there was a push from within the coppers to establish the HWP as a separate organisation because it was tarnishing the whole of the force with it's poor reputation so to speak (and we won't go into verbals or Roger Rogerson or Bumper Farrell etc now...)
But the push failed, the HWP was given a stern talking to (I think) and it all stayed as one organisation.
Regards
Kevin
(10-08-2012, 10:42am)kev11e Wrote: "This all falls into line with the recent restructure of the NSW Highway Patrol.
HP Officers are now out from under the direct control of the Local Area Commands (LACs) and are now under a central management."

G'day
Interesting this, coz way back in the 70's (yes I'm that old) there was a push from within the coppers to establish the HWP as a separate organisation because it was tarnishing the whole of the force with it's poor reputation so to speak (and we won't go into verbals or Roger Rogerson or Bumper Farrell etc now...)
But the push failed, the HWP was given a stern talking to (I think) and it all stayed as one organisation.
Regards
Kevin

I remember them weren't they the infamous 29 division with their jack boots and gay leather caps. Police

Jim
Well done BOFarrel,, what a disappointment. He said. We dont need revenue raising speed cameras ,we will take them down OH wait a minute, we just found out the speed cams do save lives ,so we will stick an extra 2000 up somewere.WTF
I just don't understand why Lane splitting is against the Law. I travel major artierials on a regular basis on my Busa and yes, I lane split. But I keep it within the confines of only doing it when traffic is majorlly built up and stationary. After all if I was to wait in line in some of the congestion that I have seen on our Sydney roads, I would more than likely pass out and collapse on the road or the bike will just start to over heat too.

I mean, if I was dodging moving cars in an attempt to lane split, then Yeh, thats dangerous and should be penalised.

As far as Pipes are concerned, are we going back nearly 6 years with the last load of crap where we all were chasing around in vain trying to get stickers for our Pipes.

Now I am wondering how the trip to Phillip Isd is going to go down this year. Usually we all start to shit ourselves when we leave our boarders for Mexico!!!!
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Yeh mexico has a few x a few mOre sneaky
Revenue raisin hopes & wishes
Just make sure your number plate posi in in
Order-rego-ya licence on ya- they av tow trucks
At the ready to tow it store 'n stow it-until u pay up

Av a looky at the vicroads & vic police websites b4
You enter -just to cover your ass

Gang & outlaw gangs are on the target
For a crapy day as in the eye of jonny law

As victoria is now gonna uphold interstate laws
Inline with vic's to gain -& crush - 1% &
Naughty clubs-
You've been warn'd
It's really disappointing when you read some of these threads about this topic.

Yes some of us speed yes speed kills but the most annoying thing about all of this is that speed is only a contributing factor to an incident or accident so why don't the boys in blue start looking a little bit deeper into the accidents and I'm sure they do but they don't let that information out it's always easier to say speeding contributed to the accident. It's all become about stats and KPI's unfortunately and when they have a blitz where do they target Hi traffic areas where they can get the biggest bang for there buck and all this make there stats / KPI's look great but when it's all said and done it's not saving lives.

I remember when I 1st got my licence there were always cops on the road and I can tell you everyone slowed down so surely all this money they are making they can afford to put more cops back out on the road as they say Police Presence is everything. The sooner someone comes out and says that cameras are only for revenue and not for saving lives the better off we will be because they don't save lives and it's pretty bad when the boys in blue will say the same thing when they are off duty. I reckon I speed more now than I did when I was younger and I've certainly got the camera fines to show that I can even tell you when I last got pulled up by a cop and I can tell you that when your getting pulled up so they can look at the bike because he's thinking about buying one well what else can I say.

2000 cameras is not a cheap exercise so that would have to tell anyone that can read between the lines the revenue that they are going to make is worth the investment.

Some of you mentioned exhausts the cops were getting around with a noise monitor here in the west a couple of months ago and pulling up and testing bikes but one thing that annoyed me about that is some of the cops were revving the bikes harder than what the stickers on the side of the bikes were saying so what's the point of that I think you would have an interesting case in Court. Andcad tested his bike in a shed which would resonate even more and his bike was only about 6-8db louder than standard and that's with a R55 Shorty on so what's that say for the way they test bikes. Yes they are loud when you stick the fist into but so are some of the cars and bikes when they are standard so I think it needs to be consistent with what they are doing.

Anyway stay safe guys and gals unfortunately WA is slowly heading in the same direction but we are still a little way from that at the moment.
Hey vellaterra

When u mentioned splitin lanes

Do u experience 30 -40 kilometer long bumper2bumper
3-4 lane freeway blockages,
For me I have found it the easiest n safest way to just
Use the left handside of the

Far right lane n just weave in n out or straight thru
Some cocks in white vans,utes with lrg mirrors
Or 4x4's,trucks & fu*king jaguar drivers block u in

But mostly we share the road (some do )

Especially after it has rained-cars cant move...

U just gota move pass one co*k head vehicle
At a time,even better when there's 10-20 bikes doing the same

They will & fingers crossed have a dedicated motorcycle
Lane on the far right side to all main roads

We wont be anyones road kill
Morn'n Rydrz.

Yeh I experience 10Klm blockages on the F3, North of Sydney to the Central Coast and bank ups on Pennant Hills Rd too.

You get the odd C O C K Head turning in their car to try and stop you, I get around them easily enough with a registered salute with the middle finger. Most other times other drivers turn slightly out to give you a better line and I always give them a Thank you wave as I pass.

The thing is Common Sense is now against the law because we live in a Nanny State and it shits me to bits.
(Sorry for that John Laws comment, I hope I havn't offended any trendy Busa riders)

Thats my Say,

The Terra
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Yeh mostly the sharing types do swing
Outa of the way so we dont scratch their
Pride n joy -as we dont wanna do any touchy
Feely -but some times you gotta get pissed off

I dont like the flat bed tilt trays-they're almost
Invisible -slice your head open on one these,they're
At the same level as my head, & you find the odd
Sneaky unmarked cop stuck in traffic
Ha ha , but when i roll past him I pull my
Clutch in so the engine dont rev it coasts
Past in idle rpm ,very very sneaky & much quieter
Than just shitin in his face & ridin past -
He may book me Police

When ever there is any crash speed is the culprit right!
Does this make sense to you guys?
Now think about it for a minute? We have it drummed into us all the time that speed kills this is true and when you think about it logically as soon as you start to move walking driving or ride some sort of speed is involved if it wasn't you would still be standing still.
So this little fact covers the politicians and cops butts when they say speed was a factor!!!
So now you can have a laugh when ever you hear on the TV or Radio of a crash and the news reporter says that speed was a factor.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(11-08-2012, 04:44pm)DAD Wrote: When ever there is any crash speed is the culprit right!
Does this make sense to you guys?
Now think about it for a minute? We have it drummed into us all the time that speed kills this is true and when you think about it logically as soon as you start to move walking driving or ride some sort of speed is involved if it wasn't you would still be standing still.
So this little fact covers the politicians and cops butts when they say speed was a factor!!!
So now you can have a laugh when ever you hear on the TV or Radio of a crash and the news reporter says that speed was a factor.

"Speed was a factor" Undecided The fact they were on the road was a factor . . . . the fact they were born in the first place is a factor . . . the statement always annoys me!!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

Hang on, wasn't lane splitting deamed legal a couple of years back?
How can they charge/fine you for legally filtering through traffic?
Apparently the Highway Patrol are all over the Old Pacific Highway again this weekend folks.

EPA station there from early this morning as well as radars all over the place again
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten