Introducing the two newest members of the shed
So Simmo let the cat out of the bag. I guess it is time to introduce the two latest members of Ranga Rage Racing.

I accidentally went to the auctions a few weeks ago with no intention of buying anything and all the ex-postie bikes were there. I've always wanted one, there is something so very iconic about the postie. Every time you mention the postie, everyone has a story or has owned one. I found myself stalking a man in a boiler suit, flung my arm in the air and bugger me, I owned a postie.

SURE, I appear to have gotten the shit one, because I wasn't going to BUY one, I didn't have time to actually LOOK at any of the bikes, so mine was covered in oil.

After two cans of engine degreaser and an hour with a high pressure hose I managed to completely drown her and she refused to start, but you get that on the big jobs.

In googling postie bikes (and buying shit off ebay), I found the postie challenge and joined up on a whim. So now I was committed to 4000kms from Perth to Broome, 2000kms of dirt, two days of really bad dirt that decides who finishes and who doesn't (f***).

So I decided it was time to learn to ride dirt, so off to Tumbarumba, home of high rainfall and slippery clay.

So after a weekend of bushbashing at Tumba, I decided to try her on the track at EC. Simmo has already posted that photo, me deciding to take her out in red group, but after that was voted down, I cut fully sick laps out the back of the pits. The mail won't deliver itself you know!

Turns out everyone loves the tracky, I opened the trailer to find the trackbike had snugggled up. The tracky was all scratched up, the postie gave us the finger and just kept on trucking.

And tonight I had a couple of drinks. A mate sent me a link, everything seems like a good idea when you have a glass of scotch in your hand..... introducing The Cub. She needs a bit of work, but I have named her Mavis after my Nanna.

So that takes the total to five. The busa, the GSXR750 tracky, the RGV250 tracky, the postie and the Cub. I still laugh every time my Dad asks why I don't park the car in my garage.
I think you got a leaking gasket, and alcohol makes it worse!
Every one has a story about the postie bike but I can go one better. I used to be a postie LOL!! Stinking postie bikesLol3
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Well Heidi I have to say I'm a little disappointed you didn't drop in on your way past. There is a little girl here who misses you!!!!

But the postie is AWESOME!!! You'll need to look at a few upgrades though if you want to beat the ride on mower!!!

I suggest air box, carby and exhaust, then looks!!! Have a chat to the guys at one ten motorcycles:

http://store.onetenmotorcycles.com.au/

They'll set you up!!!

[Image: faring%20800X600.jpg]

I've been thinking about one of these for a while, and yes it IS a postie!!!

You can run them on methanol from standard too if you want it to go a bit faster!!!

Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
I SAW THIS!! HOW COOL IS IT!!!! I'm so tempted to do a road trip to Caboolture. I just read a bike called 'Going Postal', they were the guys who kept him on the road as he rode his postie around the world. I'm busting to see the old girl again, you know I still haven't bonded with the new one :( maybe all these stupid purchases are trying to replace her.
They're not stupid purchases Heidi, the postie is a great bike - Easy to find parts for, built to go forever on the smell of an oily rag and if you drop it out the bush, so light to pick up!!!!

Tumba is ok, next time you come down though, come through the Brindabellas to Tumut on the postie!!!! I just did it on the DL and it was awesome about 45kms of dirt!!! You just have to be careful of the ice this time of year... and the idiots in cars sliding towards you!!! Pi_freak
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
Yep, I have five weeks to learn to ride the postie on dirt before the postie challenge. I'm going up the Brindies as soon as I have the postie registered. I'll spent all weekend tripping around the fire trails.
Have you Googled turbo postie?
Heidi, the chinese pit bikes are great for parts, you can buy a brand new pit bike for under $900, with that you will get a 140cc 4speed manual, upside down forks, disc brakes, plus a lot of other little stuff that will swap straight over. I am sure there will be a CT110 or Postie bike forum, they will be able to help you source parts and do easy upgrades.

I have a Honda ST90 that I am slowly gathering bits for, very similar to the CT110.
Heidi, might pay to put a knobby on the front wheel if you're allowed to, will make it easier in the dirt.
Good luck on the postie challenge! I'd love to do that trip sometime. It'd be an absolute blast I reckon. A mate had me on the back of his postie on day, we were going to feed the pigs I remember he came Flyin upto the pen on the wet grass, grabbed a handful of brake... Jesus....
Lol nice one heidi lol lots of fun!!!!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Hey Heidi,
Been to Tumbarramba, good friend of mine used to live there before he moved to Tazy, ever heard of a biker called Geoff Clark? if so PM me

idral
(23-07-2012, 07:22am)#CAS# Wrote: Heidi, the chinese pit bikes are great for parts, you can buy a brand new pit bike for under $900, with that you will get a 140cc 4speed manual, upside down forks, disc brakes, plus a lot of other little stuff that will swap straight over. I am sure there will be a CT110 or Postie bike forum, they will be able to help you source parts and do easy upgrades.
I have a Honda ST90 that I am slowly gathering bits for, very similar to the CT110.

So you have a ST90 also I have one in my garage also
After doing a track day last week with Heidi I found out a steppe is a bloody chick magnet Pi_thumbsup
Mmm Heidi is that 5 bikes you say last time I counted it was 6 bikes Nerd opps did I let the cat out of the bag Lol2
(26-07-2012, 06:49pm)simmo Wrote: is that 5 bikes you say last time I counted it was 6 bikes Nerd opps did I let the cat out of the bag Lol2

Nerd yes yes.....show us dis pussay dat 'as bin let out of zee bag?!? Eek Lol3 Eek