recommended tyre for busa
Can anyone tell me what there running on there busa for hoops mine are bald and in urgent need of replacement
You have never lived till you have almost died, and for those that fight for it - life has a flavour the protected will never Know !
I'm now running Bridgestone BT016 and am VERY VERY happy with them.
Plenty of threads about this though. Search em out and make a choice......
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(25-06-2012, 12:35pm)TheAlchemist Wrote: I'm now running Bridgestone BT016 and am VERY VERY happy with them.
Plenty of threads about this though. Search em out and make a choice......

how do you find them tipping into corners im hard on my busa
You have never lived till you have almost died, and for those that fight for it - life has a flavour the protected will never Know !
Well i don't ride mine like a pansy either.......
I went for the 55 profile so yeah it tips in really nicely, sharp cornering and a pleasure to ride. The 016's are very responsive in my opinion, i am very glad i went for these ones, again, many people with many opinions and lots of rubber out there mate.....
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(25-06-2012, 01:09pm)TheAlchemist Wrote: Well i don't ride mine like a pansy either.......
I went for the 55 profile so yeah it tips in really nicely, sharp cornering and a pleasure to ride. The 016's are very responsive in my opinion, i am very glad i went for these ones, again, many people with many opinions and lots of rubber out there mate.....

im sure your no pansy thanks for the tips bloke
Same as the Alchemist BT-016 and I'm VERY happy with them. 55 profile on rear as well....much better!

Done quite a few track days with them at the island, running them edge to edge and never had a single moment due to tyre issues.
(25-06-2012, 01:42pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Same as the Alchemist BT-016 and I'm VERY happy with them. 55 profile on rear as well....much better!

Done quite a few track days with them at the island, running them edge to edge and never had a single moment due to tyre issues.

thanks bloke
Metzeller M5 Sportec

Awesome tyre IMO
I'm running the pilot pures (55) atm. Haven't found them to be anything special. Feed back is ok, haven't let go - (I found the road 2ct could break away pretty easily when pushed hard) the pures hold on, but have worn out pretty quick on the sides, and it's now very easy to see the different rubber compounds across the tyre. - Not unhappy, but will try something else next time.

BTW - If you're not into pushing the handling limits of your bike, and want great mileage, the pilot road is a great 'busa tyre.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Same as Wardy, I use the pilot power pures. And they do wear out quickly I also find, but never had an issue with them. I've also used the conti race attack's, like glue, but wear our fast...
Well this one question is asked so frequently but when it's all said and done we can recommend a tyre but you may not like the characteristics of the tyre and the way the bike feels so here is my 2CTs Worth

Tyres that I have used..

Bridgestone 016 - OK but don't last, great for leaving black marks out of corners.
Michelin Pilot Powers - found them to be just as good as the 016's but I reckon that they tip in better but I think the Michelin tip in better in general anyway.
Avon - VP2's Both Sports and Supersports, the Supersports I fell in love with them but 1800k's out of a rear one would say that they don't last Lol3. The Sports which I'm currently running have done 1 track day and if that's anything to go by that's not going to last very long as well but I also love them..

For me I like all 3 tyres but they all have their own characteristics so really comes back to a few things eg how many K's your hoping to get & what do you want out of a tyre.

So there you go the ball is back in your court.

Cheers Rev004 Pi_thumbsup
very hard on my busa, pilot pures are a no go, front and rear i was lucky to get 2000k's, runing pilot powers now, feel great, not sure on k's yet but my housemate was getting good k's on his gen2 with them and he rides harder than me
(25-06-2012, 05:53pm)BEAU Wrote: ....I've also used the conti race attack's, like glue, but wear our fast...

+1......I cannot rate this tyre highly enough!! This tyre will make you feel like you are Casey Stoner Trophy

If you don't need a tissue, when you're discussin' the mileage issue, IMHO....this is THE stickiest and most confidence-inspiring tyre I have EVER had on my busa!!! (Hmmmm, that reminds me to order a fresh set for lots of hoon-esque style summer riding coming up very soon!!)

Coolsmiley
Pilot road 3's on one bike.

Dunlop Sportsmart's on the other.

Happy with both.

EDIT: Both in a 190/55 rear.
(25-06-2012, 12:19pm)weapon Wrote: Can anyone tell me what there running on there busa for hoops mine are bald and in urgent need of replacement
What sort of kms are you hoping for and what sort of riding are you doing?