New member from brisbane
Hey all...this looks like the only place to be for any info on the 'busa. Looking at a couple of K8's as prospective purchases, one of them has a nasty clunk on the upshift though, is that normal its very off putting, our current GSX-R thou is silky smooth by comparison.

So as an about to be 'busa buyer, 08 onwards, what should I look out for. Thanks in advance for any input.

Steve
How much you looking to spend? Welcome.
Welcome to the AHC, Taz!! Very Happy

Post up some pics when u find ur new busa, mate!!

A couple of busa's up ur way that u might be interested in are Ryans' white '08 and possibly Petes' (faster, faster) jaffa......not quite sure if Petes' is still for sale?!?

keep it fun,
bazman
Coolsmiley
I can't give advice on second hand '08's, but that clunk up shifting sounds off putting and should not be happening. There shouldn't really be anything wrong with a nicely treated '08. There fairly bullet proof.

And a big Welcome.
Welcome Taz, im down On the Gold Coast ..
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Welcome Taz, I'm in Spring Hill.

The gearbox should be nice and smooth.
Ive been talking to a couple of 'busa owner mates today and yeah the clunky shift is turning us away from that particular bike, but have another couple to check out next weekend.

As far as what we want to spend, not locking into any particular price it will definitely depend on the condition of what it is we're considering, so long as the price seems fair....but around 13k would be a reasonable upper limit.
Have a look in the for sale section mate, I reluctantly have my white/blue 2008 K9 busa up for sale.

Looking for 13k but would consider 12k. You won't find a cleaner bike.
Welcome Taz.

Tony.
Brissy Northside.
(07-05-2012, 07:39pm)RyanG Wrote: Have a look in the for sale section mate, I reluctantly have my white/blue 2008 K9 busa up for sale.

Looking for 13k but would consider 12k. You won't find a cleaner bike.

Just about my favourite colour scheme, I'll definitely keep it in mind....thanks

Well the bullet has been well and truly bitten, we are going a brand new '12 plated black, hopefully within the next few weeks. A few good deals about, in fact too good to pass up.
Also thanks for the welcome from everyone, we are actually on the Northside of Brissy, already have a few riding mates with 'busas, looking forward to be one of the pack
(24-05-2012, 08:45pm)Taz Wrote: Well the bullet has been well and truly bitten, we are going a brand new '12 plated black, hopefully within the next few weeks. A few good deals about, in fact too good to pass up.

Yes There aint nothing like rollin out on a brand new Busa for the very first time Biker
A bloke told me the other day that as of 2013 all new bikes in Aust Must have ABS ,so if true the dealers should be Dealing on 2012's .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
We went tyre kicking last Saturday and the highest price was 18250, lowest 16999 with a couple in between. As far as we are concerned a spanker for under 17k on road is pretty damn hard to pass up.
I met a Taz from Qld in Armidale recently.......wasn't you by any chance?
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)