Parking Ticket in Sydney
(22-09-2010, 05:55pm)daaef Wrote: Damn that sux. I do it all the time around Sydney and never had a problem. Can't see why we can't adopt Vic rules.

Because if they uniformed laws between a measly 20+ million people than Joe fcukmeintheass citizen wont fall into that money making trap and the greedy fcukers wont stand for that.We cant organise a piss up in a brewery here cause we would lose the cups let alone trying to get all the states to agree on something like that.The only national uniforming/linking they did was d/license's where a cop in Vic can still dick you with a WA license...once again,for money!!!
A $10 parking fee turned to $86 and Im sure jaheer wont be parking there next time,cheap lesson really as some fines go over the 280 mark in some places and thats without towing fees!!!!
(16-05-2012, 09:31pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(16-05-2012, 08:02pm)Buhjones Wrote:
(22-09-2010, 05:26pm)BikerBoy Wrote: In Vic it is only legal if you park on the footpath at the kerb edge.
It is illegal to park any bike on a footpath against a building edge.

Melb city council regs say the bike must be 2m from the entry of a building and not obscuring pedestrians. Doesn't mention that you have to be road side of footpath.

It's what I was told. Just had a look though and vic.gov say at least one motorcycle length from the building boundary. Against the building is deemed private property and permission is needed....not that they can do much about it though.

One of the guys at work told me about three weeks ago that the council were actually physicaly measuring the distance of my Busa parked from the buildings entry - New building management complained to council.

Wouldn't put it past them, fkrs. Seems to me that you can't turn around these days without some killjoy arsehole telling you that you are in the wrong somehow. My GF got a parking ticket in our street when her bike was parked for 24hrs. Our neighbours rang the council and the parking d1ck came and ticketed her. We rang the council and they told us we should get a parking permit. When we asked where the permit should be hung on a motorcycle her response was "Hang it from the rear view mirror like everyone else".
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Got one as well for doing the same thing, did not obstruct any pedestrians, nice way for for the rangers to get another $86.
(17-05-2012, 12:48pm)jamdonut Wrote: Got one as well for doing the same thing, did not obstruct any pedestrians, nice way for for the rangers to get another $86.

Its called a "$86 quicky" with the counsel or a "rub and tug"the only difference is that you're the performer!!!