Troppo rides the ZX14R
(24-03-2012, 10:42pm)Shifu Wrote: What is the point comparing a lemon to a peach because it is what you are doing here when talking ZX14 vs Busa Nerd

They are completely different types of bike, aimed at different market segment. Could you look at that Kawasaki's offering and call it really a sports bike? It is a cruiser for those who do not like Harley's or a penis extention to those who are too old and crooked to ride a real sportsbike.

So please stop it. Look at these lovely, aerodynamic curves of Busa while you still have it, and take it for a ride Biker

Good one Andrew, is this comment about too old and crooked to ride a sports bike from the bloke who trailered his busa to Tathra coz it was too far.BTW Have you exceeded 200kms in a day on the bike yet? Wake up to yourself mate , I have ridden busas for 7 years plus and thought it was time for a change so I bought a 14.
PS. DIDN`T NEED TO SPEND THOUSANDS EXTRA TO GET IT TO STOP AND HANDLE
Shifu, I think you might be confused between the GTR1400 and the ZX14.

In my mind the Hayabusa will always be the "be all and end all" of hypersports bikes.
The handling improvements in the GEN II and other subtle updates gave it another lease on life and is still outstanding in its delivery of everything except maybe braking performance but that is easily improved. But if you need good brakes on a GEN II, the stock ones certainly do the job for emergencies. For extended periods of hard braking, they need to be better.
As said before here in this discussion, I could never take my two busas to their potential in any situation but I enjoyed 8 gr8 years of fun, fun, fun.
I hit the max non - speed limited speed 1 time on my 99 and the speed limiter 2 times on my Gen II.
295kph is more than fast enough on wheels for anywhere but the best of race tracks.

If the Kawasaki is quicker, sharper and stops better, good for them - However, the Hayabusa is a legend that will never lose its crown.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(25-03-2012, 06:28am)beally55 Wrote:
(24-03-2012, 10:42pm)Shifu Wrote: What is the point comparing a lemon to a peach because it is what you are doing here when talking ZX14 vs Busa Nerd

They are completely different types of bike, aimed at different market segment. Could you look at that Kawasaki's offering and call it really a sports bike? It is a cruiser for those who do not like Harley's or a penis extention to those who are too old and crooked to ride a real sportsbike.

So please stop it. Look at these lovely, aerodynamic curves of Busa while you still have it, and take it for a ride Biker

Good one Andrew, is this comment about too old and crooked to ride a sports bike from the bloke who trailered his busa to Tathra coz it was too far.BTW Have you exceeded 200kms in a day on the bike yet? Wake up to yourself mate , I have ridden busas for 7 years plus and thought it was time for a change so I bought a 14.

good on you dude, you made your choice & your happy , thats what matters , i wouldn't buy a zx14 cause i think they look a bit weird & i will never buy a gen 2 busa cause they just look ugly, but thats my opinion, just ride ya bike & dont take what others say seriously

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
I think next time I'll use the pear and the apple in that allegory about different fruit since you have coimpletely missed my point Showback
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Hey Chris, do ya know if your old GENII is sold yet?
Im thinking I saw it gurgling along in Strath over the Weekend!

As for the ZX14, personally im not fussed, I ride what I want to ride, despite so called Crowns or Titles etc.

Good luck to ya Beally, enjoy her!
Bloody good on you Chris! I bet it's a blast. And you can still say that you ride the fastest accelerating bike out there. Well done, hope it's all you wanted. So are you off to a Kawasaki board now and leaving us?

(26-03-2012, 05:51pm)BEAU Wrote: Bloody good on you Chris! I bet it's a blast. And you can still say that you ride the fastest accelerating bike out there. Well done, hope it's all you wanted. So are you off to a Kawasaki board now and leaving us?
Here in NZ retail new 'Busa still NZ $ 21.5 vs ZX14R at 27.5 plus around 500 extra for Rego etc ..slight disparity ?

Kawasaki have offered me 14k as a trade as a changeover from my 7 month old 6km's L1 Busa to get on the new 14R ...plus another 14k cash ...No shit ...I need to come up with $14,000 to move to the magic Kawasaki ..Welcome to Kawasaki NZ, what a bargain ..... .

Do the math ...I'll stick with my 'Busa me thinks...

(25-03-2012, 06:28am)beally55 Wrote:

Hey Beally, are you taking the piss out of me here fella?
I trailered the bike to Tathra because I had just had an operation on my ankle and at that stage couldn't stay on the bike very long, I take it you don't approve? Sorry mate, couldn't have done it any other way apart from maybe leaving the bike at home but I'de have missed the loop and wouldn't want to have missed that for quids.

I bought my first Busa in 2000 so that would be 12 years and a heap of miles of riding her for me. A heap more to come if my knees let me. I have had a total knee replacement on my right knee which makes long trips pretty tough, price of age I suppose. Still love my Busa though and will ride her through thick and thin!! The BlackMax is my 3rd Busa. Heidi just bought her 4th so now I will have to try to follow suite to keep up to her! lol.

I did spend a heap of money on the brakes of the busa because the standard items were less than satisfactory for such a fast bike. I take it you don't approve of me doing that either? Can't make it handle much better though. YOu could try putting 180 section back hoops on your's to assist with quicker tip-in if you like.

Mate please be a little fair here. I actually complemented the ZX on its handling, brakes and smooth ride. Why are you throwing rocks at me? Don't know what point you are actually trying to make. I was hurt at the timeand couldn't ride and I spent a fortune making the Busa brake a little better. Am I missing out on something you are trying to say?

If you like the Kawasaki and want to ride it there is no rule anywhere that says you have to come back here and try to convince us that you liked the ride and that the Kawasaki is a better bike for you.

We'll probably agree that the Kwacka is quick, but thank you for your input and continue to ride our Hayabusas, because we like/love them. The next place for you may well be the nearest Kawasaki forum where you can all gather in a mass debate about your bikes and how quick they are.

Still don't know why you were raising your voice (caps lock) pretty impressive though.CoolsmileyCoolsmileyCoolsmiley

Max - Love my Hayabusa and love riding her when I can.

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Nah Max.......I'm 100% sure Chris was just having a (friendly?) poke back at Andrew [Shifu] after his previous comments!!

Truth be known.....I've brought my busa down to the BB in the back of my tranny van TWICE outta my three visits to Tathra! I can't blame it on health reasons (although both my knees are dicky......but nowhere near as bad as yours just yet)! Pi_freak

But I can guarantee that you guys will totally piss yourselves laughing next time I roll up to the BB - I promise you WON'T see the tranny van >>>> but I will STILL be on FOUR wheels!!!! Idiot2 Lol3 Idiot2

I'll reveal a little more about this later....Confused
(28-03-2012, 11:43pm)bazman Wrote: Nah Max.......I'm 100% sure Chris was just having a (friendly?) poke back at Andrew [Shifu] after his previous comments!!

Truth be known.....I've brought my busa down to the BB in the back of my tranny van TWICE outta my three visits to Tathra! I can't blame it on health reasons (although both my knees are dicky......but nowhere near as bad as yours just yet)! Pi_freak

But I can guarantee that you guys will totally piss yourselves laughing next time I roll up to the BB - I promise you WON'T see the tranny van >>>> but I will STILL be on FOUR wheels!!!! Idiot2 Lol3 Idiot2

I'll reveal a little more about this later....Confused

Hey Bazman, I'm ready to start getting excited about the 2012 Tathra beach Busa BASH!!!! Just you mentioning it has me reaching for leathers and helmet!!!

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Who cares about a Kawasaki ZX or other??
Nothing ...I mean nothing can be better than the baddest meanest latest and most refined Gen II Busa!!! Very Happy