Question on Sponsorship
Hi Guys,

As you all are aware that Yash has picked up Motocross and this year he wants to take part in Supercross - and other bits.

I think if I keep spending money on my own like I have been so far - I will soon go broke.

Need to get some input on how do we get some sponsership for this young rider. He needs lots of training and few parts bits here and there from time to time.

Cheers,
Bill
A mate owns a bike shop. I was there 1 day when this 15-16yo kid walks in and asks about sponsorship. The kid explained that he's not long started in the game, would like to have someone to help him out with spares and advice etc.
The kid now works at the shop on Saturdays that he's not racing, which in turn pays for any spares. He works on his bike at the shop, with a mechanic on hand to give advice/assistance.

Ask at local bike shops.... what's the worst that can happen! Good Luck Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Make up a portfolio and drop it in to the bike shops!!!
* include expected events
* shows he will be attending
* Put forward a proposal for signage & exposure for there business
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
He'll first need to win races, Bill......LOTS & LOTS of races, in many different places.....in front of all the right faces!!!

After the GFC, sponsorship $$$ are tight....and are getting even tighter!!

Sponsors want outstanding value for their money....and they are only ever interested if they can see that they will get a good return on their "investment"!

If Yash is a "cut above the rest", both ON the track AND also when he takes the helmet OFF.....he may just have a chance!!

Practice, practice and MORE practice (tell him to practice in his sleep as well)........race, race, race.......and win, win, and WIN some more......

If he truly has OUTSTANDING potential as a racer, and ALSO knows how to spin the PR machine to put himself way in front of the rest of his racing peers......he may eventually pick up a sponsor or two (...or maybe more?!?)

Wish him well for me...