camera on busa
Action-smiley-083hi guys,anybody have ideas on cameras fitted to helmet or bike,would like to get the best picture available and widescreen.
have a look at the Gi PRO camera set up dave they are a dam good product [/size]
I've got the GoPro HD and they are very versatile and damn good unit.
Picture quality is senstaional, mount options are endless, camera functions are plenty,
accesories are easy to get and lots of them. Well worth a look at Dave.
get intouch with MONO im sure as hell he deals with the GiPRO
(09-09-2011, 09:46am)BikerBoy Wrote: I've got the GoPro HD and they are very versatile and damn good unit.
Picture quality is senstaional, mount options are endless, camera functions are plenty,
accesories are easy to get and lots of them. Well worth a look at Dave.

+1 Pi_thumbsup Plus you can update the firmware to get some extra functions like one button operation. The battery charge lasts about two hours which could be an issue for some.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
GO PRO it is,who is Mono Kev and thanks guys.
MONO is a member here on the forum just PM him im sure he can help you out and hes a top bloke to boot
lightbulb 
Heya Dave,

I use a Tachyon XC (Hi-Def) on board vid/cam....I've only used it a handful of times.....but it does everything I want it to do, and at considerably less $$$ than the rest of its' high-end, name-brand competition! Yes

I'll be using it at Tathra if ya wanna check it out down there....and here is a link to their w/site to check out all of its' specs & credentials >>>

http://www.tachyoninc.com/

Coolsmiley

thanks fellas, will check them all.
Dave, make sure you check the specs on each one to the file output as well and that your pc has the ability to view, edit etc..
You don't want to spend a few hundred bucks on something your pc can't display properly or make a basic changes.
Probably best and cheapest is if you already have a video camera with "S" video input simply purchase a Sony colour pencil cam and plug it in. have been using one for about 15 years with no problem. Advantage of on helmet compared to on bike is that you film what you look at. Have some great and interesting footage over the years ................ including a great roadblock episode in Tassie with a cop going off his nut.

.jpg   Helmet Cam.JPG (Size: 60.02 KB / Downloads: 419)
(09-09-2011, 05:53pm)bazman Wrote: Heya Dave,

I use a Tachyon XC (Hi-Def) on board vid/cam....I've only used it a handful of times.....but it does everything I want it to do, and at considerably less $$$ than the rest of its' high-end, name-brand competition! Yes

I'll be using it at Tathra if ya wanna check it out down there....and here is a link to their w/site to check out all of its' specs & credentials >>>

http://www.tachyoninc.com/

Coolsmiley

Got any footage you can show us Bazman?, or is that not possible for legal reasons Coolsmiley

I have a Drift HD170 camera.http://vimeo.com/driftinnovation/drift-hd

It has wireless remote full HD and a swivel lens so it doesnt have to be mounted only one way.

Theres different mounts for helmet and handle bars.

(10-09-2011, 07:39am)CeeJay07 Wrote: Got any footage you can show us Bazman?, or is that not possible for legal reasons Coolsmiley

Would only be footage of sky and clouds anyway ... Showback
Franko had a nice one on his bike with a small screen on the back. Don't remember which model. But I really liked it.
The goPro footage is brilliant, but they are really expensive, and the screen is an added option I think???
How do you go about pointing the cameras without a screen? or is a wide angle and just guess? I'd also like to get a camera, but it may get me into trouble Frown Might have to get one for Tathra as well though.

Bazman, I Just checked out that link to the Tachyon. There is a "OPS HD" and a "micro HD" which one did you get. They seem to be the goods. Would like to see a bit of footage, how stable is the footage?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .