Raising Links
I took two links out of my chain and moved the rear wheel as far forward as possible,this along with a 55 profile rear tyre sharpened up the steering noticeably.
It however has made removing the rear wheel quite difficult but not impossible.
I think it handles ok.
You got my attention Bruce (I'm a tight bastard with a good workshop ),
ordinary old mild steel ok ,or Higher carbon content better ?

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
The original dog bones are forged alloy and under tension not compression so any steel is more than overkill in comparison mate.
I have bought the front lowering kit (stuff) off eBay months back. I think now I will do all of the below.

Lower front by 3/4 inch, raise back by 1 inch and change the rear tyre to 55 P. Now only if my wife agrees for me to go to Tathra..... Not happening :(
(21-07-2011, 11:06pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: ....Lower front by 3/4 inch, raise back by 1 inch and change the rear tyre to 55 P. Now only if my wife agrees for me to go to Tathra..... Not happening :(

sounds interesting, Bill....when you get it sorted, let us know what sorta difference it makes re: handling, please? Undecided

Re: Tathra........a lot of us (Wardie, moshy_7, Doogie, Busanova, bandit, vitto and myself) are all bringing our g/f's/partners/wives/mistresses/etc with us to the BB mate......which is good, coz ya can get away & get a load away, all on the same weekend!!! Very Happy

Bring her down with ya, Bill.....Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
Bill bring it over we could have a BBQ and set the beast up for u
heya Bruce & Pete.....

IYHO....what is the absolute "maximum" you could (or "should") raise the rear end??? UndecidedConfusedUndecided

Coolsmiley
(22-07-2011, 12:52am)bazman Wrote: heya Bruce & Pete.....

IYHO....what is the absolute "maximum" you could (or "should") raise the rear end??? UndecidedConfusedUndecided

Coolsmiley
Your increasing the fork angle as you do which results in the sharper turning, I found on my Gen I I had them fitted to the result to be excellent ................... to me the trade off is you risk losing high speed stability and if you went to far it may make the bike less stable at high speed which is one of the Busa's greatest assets . R & D is fine a little at a time and like all suspension mods set it up as to what suits each rider and how their going to ride it.

Thanks for that helpful info, Pete!!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
(21-07-2011, 11:36pm)bazman Wrote:
(21-07-2011, 11:06pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: ....Lower front by 3/4 inch, raise back by 1 inch and change the rear tyre to 55 P. Now only if my wife agrees for me to go to Tathra..... Not happening :(

sounds interesting, Bill....when you get it sorted, let us know what sorta difference it makes re: handling, please? Undecided

Re: Tathra........a lot of us (Wardie, moshy_7, Doogie, Busanova, bandit, vitto and myself) are all bringing our g/f's/partners/wives/mistresses/etc with us to the BB mate......which is good, coz ya can get away & get a load away, all on the same weekend!!! Very Happy

Bring her down with ya, Bill.....Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

God Bazman, how did you know I had all of the above.....and that may be the problem - you can keep 2+ bikes in a garage but not 2+ women.....Lol2

besides the above joke, that is the plan but I also have got 2 boys who are very interested in looking at and spending time with Hayabusa's - I dont want to bring my cage.
I am working it out at home and should know in next few weeks........

(22-07-2011, 12:39am)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Bill bring it over we could have a BBQ and set the beast up for u

Thank you Bruce, you have a PM Trophy

I spend a very valueable time with Greeny here in Adeliade Trophy and in a way got inspired by him.

Thank you Guys

Bill
(22-07-2011, 08:06am)Bill Gaheer Wrote:
(21-07-2011, 11:36pm)bazman Wrote: ....a lot of us are all bringing our g/f's/partners/wives/mistresses/etc

God Bazman, how did you know I had all of the above.....

Lol3RollLol3

.....I've seen ur FB "friends" list Drool >>>> VERY impressive!!!!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
Lets say due to my computer skills (or lack of it) and the MySql database used by these websites. I am bit know to the industry. Mind you I dont code my self....;)
Fitted the raising links last week,and had the suspension re-adjusted the difference was unbelievable,the front was always wanting to push wide its now a pleasure to ride through the twisties. Feels like a new bike.Yes
Pan with dropping the front that much and the extra inch on the back your's must want to keep going round in circles.
Thanks again to Pete (fasterfaster) for sending them to me.Pi_thumbsup
(08-08-2011, 03:16pm)Luckybusa Wrote: Fitted the raising links last week,and had the suspension re-adjusted the difference was unbelievable,the front was always wanting to push wide its now a pleasure to ride through the twisties. Feels like a new bike.Yes
Pan with dropping the front that much and the extra inch on the back your's must want to keep going round in circles.
Thanks again to Pete (fasterfaster) for sending them to me.Pi_thumbsup

Good cheep mod glad you got the result you was after Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com