Raising Links
Looking into putting some raising links in the gen1,thinking maybe an inch to get the rear up a little to try and improve the cornering.
Has anyone tried this ,any pros and cons about doing it.Any info would be appreciated before I take the plunge.
i did mine when i was riding , exellent i found it tipped in better but i found i had to lover my seat just a touch as im not that tall in the leg area , other than that it was exellent ,

and this is just my opinion thats all it is :) best of luck
Thanks for the reply Kev ,can I ask how much you raised it.
Raised mine 1 inch heaps better turn in
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Keep meaning to do mine.

If its anything like the Bandits (raised) or SV650 (lowered)
i've done, changing the length of the link also changes the
ratio slightly. Raising firms it, lowering softens it.... I think.
(21-07-2011, 04:55pm)Luckybusa Wrote: Thanks for the reply Kev ,can I ask how much you raised it.

i did a 1" lift in the rear , i think most guys here will have the same posative opinion ,
Thanks for your help guys ordering it now
Yeah Lucky,

been thinkin for a while now about doin exactly the same thing...never been keen on how low the busa sits in the arse end, and I'm a bit on the taller side as well (6'4")
I like the idea of the busa steering a bit quicker in the tight corners, too!!!
Google "soupys raising links"....Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

(21-07-2011, 05:27pm)bazman Wrote: Yeah Lucky,

been thinkin for a while now about doin exactly the same thing...never been keen on how low the busa sits in the arse end, and I'm a bit on the taller side as well (6'4")
I like the idea of the busa steering a bit quicker in the tight corners, too!!!
Google "soupys raising links"....Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

Pi_thumbsup on the soupy links bazman
I dropped the front 10mm and raised the rear 25 and it handled beautifully.

Dont bother buying them the gen 1 leverage ration is 3:1 so every mm shorter than stock raises the rear by 3mm. Buy some 30x6mm steel flat bar and make your own in ten minutes for about five bucks. Stock length dog bones are 119mm long (hole c/c) so make a set 8mm shorter and you have 24mm higher in the rear. I have made dozens for guys in the past all you need is a drill and a hack saw.

These are to lower the bike and are the only pics I bothered taking. Same principal for raising except shorter not longer. The benefit of making them yourself is for a few bucks you can make different lengths to find a height that suits you.
[Image: DSC00407.jpg]

Once installed you cant see them so they can be a bit rough looking.
Mine before it was turboed.
[Image: 6.jpg]

Read this from another forum.

The first step was to lower the bike. I replaced the stock dog bones with this made from 1/4" x 1" steel flat bar. The linkage has a 3:1 ratio, so every 1/2" added to the distance between the bolt holes will drop the bike 1 1/2" inches. Take the amount you want to lower the bike and divide that by 3, then add that to the stock bolt distance. The stock center to center distance for the bolts is 4 11/16. To drop the bike 2 1/2" I drilled the holes 5 1/2 inches apart. I used a 31/64 drill bit. It's much easier if you take the left side exhaust can off. And put both bolts in from the left side.

I have raised mine an inch. I found it very good. A little more aggressive
/
Raised mine 2 inches and dropped the front as far as it would go on stock triple tree...
Corners better. More difficult to scrape knee though!
For any one wanting have some cnc machined aircraft alloy raising links $30 a pair. Pi_thumbsup
ps No Shredder they are not bubble wrapped Lol2
How much will they raise the rear, Pete?
(21-07-2011, 09:16pm)bazman Wrote: How much will they raise the rear, Pete?

Bazman 25 mm or 1 inch in the old language.
Two sets gone and one set only left.