Fuel Smell GEM 2
Hi Guy's.

Yesterday I took my Bus for run to Lithgow and back. When i parked it I could smell fuel, but none that I could see.
Is this normal???
Thanks
John
Thanks John
Hi John...I have the faster Gen 1 and have never had this smell before so I would suggest either it is not good or wait untill a gen 2 guy chimes in to say don't worry.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Hi again,

I pulled up out side my home and turn the Busa off, them opened the gate and also the garage roller door. Restarted the Busa and up my drive way and into the garage and turned the Busa off and that was when i smelt the fuel. I looked all over but couldn't see any. The Busa has only got 7000K's and is a 2008. I suppose it could be from not been ridden to much. But I will check it out by taking off the flearings and see If I can see any think once it warms up here. My garage is a fridge right now!!!
John
Thanks John
I would not be too hasty in removing the fairings...I can take mine off in about 15 to 20 minutes but would rather not if given the choice. The Gen 2's are a bit more difficult I think...anyway the fuel tank and associated plumbing can be accessed using the little lift rod and by undoing the two tank bolts near the head stock... much easier to do that than rip off the fairings to see a leak that doesn't exsist!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Hi again,

So what you are saying is there is no leak but they do smell of fuel after a run.
John
Thanks John
(09-07-2011, 03:08pm)piperjon Wrote: Hi again,

So what you are saying is there is no leak but they do smell of fuel after a run.
John

Gee Aussie Steve I got that all wrong. As you have the faster Gem1 so I'll wait till some who owns a gem 2 to let me know. You know this is #3 Busa and I cannot remember if I smelt fuel on my other 2.
John
Thanks John
Gday john you will have to bring it to my place so i can have a look at your new busa
Check your over flow hose is comming out through the bottom of your Belly pan , They have sneeked up to sit on the Belly pan and you could have minor fuel sitting on belly pan .
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Hi,

Thanks for your info ROD!! I'll check that out and get back to you. If still no good I'll PM you crumpy Ok.
John
Thanks John
g'day john i had a fuel smell on my bike when i went to lorne when i got home i looked every where could not find it. i had the tank off getting air brushed the over flow pipe had come off and the fumes were comeing up through the tank and seat mybe worth a look mine's a gen 1 not sure if there the same set up regards chris.Undecided
Hay ROD,

I have the two hoses sticking out the belly pan. So I will have to check the over flow hose to see if it is off.

Just a question is the over flow hose connected to the fuel tank???

I will later today go down and check to see if I can find the fuel smell.
Thanks
John
Thanks John
I sometimes get fuel smells when I get home. Have had a look and couldn't find any thing. This has been going on for the 2 years I have had the bike.
(11-07-2011, 08:59am)piperjon Wrote: Hay,
I have the two hoses sticking out the belly pan. So I will have to check the over flow hose to see if it is off.

Just a question is the over flow hose connected to the fuel tank???

I will later today go down and check to see if I can find the fuel smell.
Thanks
John

The only reason I asked about the over flow hose is some bikes have there over flow from the cab.
So don't worry about it. But I feel it is because I have a very steep drive way which I would have opened up the throllte to get up my drive way and cut it back to go into my garage which then I turned the Busa off and after shutting the gate to stop my dog getting out I came back to the Busa to put it in the right place I could smell the fuel them. So I'm thinking it was that nothing to do with hose off or what ever. Anyway I'll check it out as it's a great day for a ride.
John

Thanks John
It only about a 2 minute to check all the hoses & pump
Remove the seat first & two bolts & lift the tank
If your around the Windsor area pm me your phone number
Hi,

Checked every hose, tank up nothing found. I think it was going up my steep drive way that may have caused the smell.
Thanks to all for the info.
Thanks John