dyno hp readings
whats the average hp expected for a stock busa with 4 into 1 pipe, airbox mod and power commander? factory stock is 160. is there any difference over the years ie 99 vs a 03 model. no mines not copper! it's a red 1. cheers <i></i>
I know that GARBO has got a 00 busa with K&N filter, airbox mod, TI Force 4 into 1, TRE and PC.
He got about 169hp.
I'm getting mine, 99 with K&N, Staintune cans and TRE, dynoed on the 11th. I'll post up the results.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
depends on the dyno.On a dynojet 250i stock runs 155 average and high 160,s to low 170,s with airbox,full system mapped and is a fair bit lighter.They pick up about 12-15hp for the above mods.The throttle feels different with a 4 into 1, a touch softer under 3000rpm.Can,t vouch for a tre yet. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Dynos all vary, but if you're going to the same one all the time, you can at least identify changes reasonably accurately. I figured out I should loose weight, much cheaper than extra HP! <i></i>
For pipe, airbox and remap, expect less hp below 4Krpm which you wont notice because of weight saving. Above that, max will be about 10hp more. All year models have same motor bore/stroke, cams, inlets etc so no diff there. Electronics got better on later models so fuelling is more refined which makes them smoother. Earlier models have alloy subframes which makes em lighter. Overall no major performance changes which makes them very consistent in real world performance. The dyno peak hp is quite a "rubbery figure" which a lot of fishermen will gloat about, don't get hung up on that number, just use that first run as a baseline and then go back to that same dyno to check against. <i></i>
hi guys the dyno i have used has an 03 with the mods listed at 187hp vs mine at 172. mine mirrors the 03 power curve but a 10 hp difference is evident at 6k and at 8k to 10k the curve leaves mine in its wake. both have yoshi 4 into 1's. i have 2 suspicions. i being a slipping clutch which may a/c for low mph at the drags and low hp reading. the other being a soft tire which was balling up on the dyno. the dyno readout for both bikes was identical as stock with pipe,airbox mod. the real hp difference came about when the power commander was added and tuned. (with the same map) the dyno operator is well known to me and the runs were in similar conditions. what u guys think. torque is also similar. <i></i>
take it to the drags and see what mph you get.Use the horsepower calculator and enter your bike and riders weights and your mph.This will give you some idea of the horsepower your using and your making at least that.A stock busa plus slip ons should run 137mph plus.From stock if you pick up 3-4 mph your making approx 10hp more.Just use the dyno to get it tuned right,get over the number it reads and see what it runs. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
best run at the drags prior to airbox and powercommander and tune 135mph 10.24 sec. where is our horsepower calculator? have not improved on mph or et since mods. had 2 visits since mods. did get 136mph once at much slower et. bike was going backwards at end of 2nd night. weigh 87kgs at the time. 90kg after xmas and new year excluding leathers and lid etc. i know the tune is to make sure its running sweet. the higher dyno result came through after mine had been tuned. the 03 was dynoed yesterday at 187hp! i'd be really stoked with these numbers. <i></i>
Power Commanders don't add horspower ........... they only adjust air to fuel ratios ................. and if the A/F ratio is correct when adjusted using the ECU (Yosh Box) then the PC will give zero result above that. As correct fueling is correct fueling regardless of the means by which it's obtained.
As for 187 Hp from a Stock Busa with NO Internal engine mods Theres a saying from the film "The Castle" .........
FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 5/1/07 5:04
</i>
Allow about 8kg for full leathers and hat.My bike and rider weighed in at 322.5kg.Forget et as a comparison to hp as thats more riders skill than hp.If you fully tuck,chin on the tank and reach 10k at full throttle in 1st gear,and get your shifts right,mph is a reasonable indicator of hp.Mine went 143.8mph at the above weight showing 165hp at the tyre on the hp calculator.On a dynojet 250i at sae settings it read 169.7hp.If your bike had a near full tank with you on it I,m guessing 350kg all up.At 135mph your only using 148hp at the tyre.If you were using within 5hp of the claimed numbers of 187hp your mph would be 144.7mph.A more realistic option is you could be making about 163hp at the tyre with 187hp at the crank.This will give you the potential to run 139.5mph if you use all the horsepower you have.If you use within 5hp of this expect a mph of about 138mph.If your a big guy(parachute) you,ve got to get your chin on the tank from second gear on or forget your mph. <i></i>
How do dyno tuners compensate for ram air effect? Presumably the system on the road does compensate for the extra air, but the dyno HP figure must always be a few HP below what happens on the road at speed? <i></i>
Sorry Rev but hp readings above 180 for a stock motor are bullshit.

How much power does mine make? Well according to col at 10/10ths 176hp and it ran 146.9mph. Pipes/airbox mod/K&N filter and a propper map with stock ecu is all thats been done.

I doubt that there is much more speed in my bike in it's stock form but times will improve with practice.

If your bike is running that slow I would have someone film you during a run to try and see what yourdoing. I would also disconnect the PC whilst on the dyno and see what hp you end up with compaded to with PC.

FF1 knows what he is talking about mine pulled 4hp more and ran better on the same dyno on the same day when the PC was dicconnected and stock ECU properly adjusted. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
<i></i>
THANKS GUYS. I WAS JUST WANTING TO COMPARE WHERE EVERYONE ELSE IS IN THE HP STAKES. NOT TO CAUSE AN ARGUMENT BUT THIS OTHER BLOKES BUSA IS PUTTING OUT 187. I HAVE SIGHTED THE PRINTOUT AND HAVE ASKED FOR HIM TO CALL FOR A CHAT. A/F INFO NOTED AND AFTER TUNING CORRECTLY I PICKED UP HP THROUGHOUT THE REV RANGE. THE HP FIGURES ARE FROM THE BACK WHEEL. I'LL JUST KEEP TWISTING THE THROTTLE AND GO FOR THE 9'S WITH WHAT I'VE GOT. HAVE VIDEO WITH ME TUCKIN IN AND CONSISTENT GOOD 60'S. CHEERS. <i></i>
If 187hp is fair dinkum, that may suggest that your 03 friend has put in a few extra "bits and pieces", while you weren't looking! <i></i>
Quote:take it to the drags and see what mph you get.Use the horsepower calculator and enter your bike and riders weights and your mph

That worked for me, my Busa made 189 on the Dyno, and

shows 191 @ the strip with my weight and MPH ( 149.5 ) so

IMO the ram air is worth a few HP at the strip...

and still has no PC for the moment. But I'm looking to put a

new pump and reg on and retune it with the pc and wiil tell

you all when its done. If my MPH picks up at the strip then I'll

know that it worked.

Rember that the Dyno is just a tool that a good tuner will use.

You can all the HP in the world but if you can't/don't use it

then why try.........

So get to the strip and find out Regards Richard

You're the guy that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike. Paul Teutul,Sr. American Chopper
<i></i>