Adelaide Crew
(15-06-2011, 02:29pm)bazman Wrote: yeah, please do Andrew....would love to see some of ur work!! Pi_thumbsup

btw...I'm running a Tachyon HD at the mo'....still trying a few different mounting positions, but should Confused have it all sorted by BB time! Yes

....got a nice little "assignment" for you at the BB, if ur interested?!? Undecided

Coolsmiley

No worries mate. We can discuss it there.
Does you camera work while you charging it? Mine does not which is a real bummer considering that the battery lasts only about 2.5 hours. The only option is to ditch the battery altogether and hardwire it to the bike's electrical system. Still a consideration but requres a fair bit of hacking of the camera case itself which I am a bit reluctant to do at this stage. Will see once all the mechanicals are finished. Biker

"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Hey all, looks like this weekend is going to be ok for a ride to Lobie for a start!

I went for a quick blast to Lobie for a Coffee last Sunday, was a nice stout ride with a little amount of "Wetness" on the road, gladly made it home prior to the rains hittn the burbs!

Anyways, maybe i will see some of you up there Sat arvo/Sunday?

Enjoy! Very Happy
(15-06-2011, 09:10pm)Shifu Wrote: The only option is to ditch the battery altogether and hardwire it to the bike's electrical system. Still a consideration but requres a fair bit of hacking of the camera case itself which I am a bit reluctant to do at this stage. Will see once all the mechanicals are finished. Biker

The Tachyon battery system is a bit different, it runs on the really expensive disposable "AA"s (Energizer ultimate LITHIUM)!! Big f*ckin' $$$, but they last for about 6hrs....or I have the same option as you to hard-wire it to the bikes battery, but then it isn't w/proof (...with the back door open), so definately a compromise...

My bro hard-wired his T'yon to the bike battery...but then he could only use it in perfect sunny weather!

Always a trade-off, whichever way ya go....Frown

Coolsmiley
(22-06-2011, 06:28pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Hey all, looks like this weekend is going to be ok for a ride to Lobie for a start!

I went for a quick blast to Lobie for a Coffee last Sunday, was a nice stout ride with a little amount of "Wetness" on the road, gladly made it home prior to the rains hittn the burbs!

Enjoy! Very Happy

Your Right Matt ,Weather looking good . Moshy ,Islanddrift & I Will be there Sunday, Probably 11 to noon , May See Ya there .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(22-06-2011, 06:28pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Hey all, looks like this weekend is going to be ok for a ride to Lobie for a start!

Enjoy! Very Happy
Im in for Lobie Biker.......Moshy ? Greeny? Shifu? King? Carbon? Rubberboy ....Lol2 and the rest of you.....we havnt had a ride/get together for a while.......BikerBiker

If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!
(22-06-2011, 07:27pm)islanddrift Wrote:

Enjoy! Very Happy
Im in for Lobie Biker.......Moshy ? Greeny? Shifu? King? Carbon? Rubberboy ....Lol2 and the rest of you.....we havnt had a ride/get together for a while.......BikerBiker

Oh , Good Your awake , See Ya Sunday .

Im hangin out for a ride, gunna ride to work on Sat morn so i can head straight up after work!
(22-06-2011, 06:40pm)bazman Wrote:
(15-06-2011, 09:10pm)Shifu Wrote: The only option is to ditch the battery altogether and hardwire it to the bike's electrical system. Still a consideration but requres a fair bit of hacking of the camera case itself which I am a bit reluctant to do at this stage. Will see once all the mechanicals are finished. Biker

The Tachyon battery system is a bit different, it runs on the really expensive disposable "AA"s (Energizer ultimate LITHIUM)!! Big f*ckin' $$$, but they last for about 6hrs....or I have the same option as you to hard-wire it to the bikes battery, but then it isn't w/proof (...with the back door open), so definately a compromise...

My bro hard-wired his T'yon to the bike battery...but then he could only use it in perfect sunny weather!

Always a trade-off, whichever way ya go....Frown

Coolsmiley

Know exactly what you mean Paul. With mounting in the mirror housing the issue of waterprofing is not a big worry as it would be OK even in severe downpour I think. Submerging would be a bit of a problem but then you would probably had to worry about other things Lol3 I am still using the original woterproof housing but the sealing will be compromised by the outside start/stop button and when the hardwiring comes in combined with the external USB port for downloading the footage, it will make it still worse. From the experience the bigger problem are the flies and other insects that get splattered on the lens. And the faster you go, the more of these kamikaze seems to be on the road. It can totally f*#@k up the footage. Not sure what to do about this. Undecided
(22-06-2011, 07:31pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(22-06-2011, 07:27pm)islanddrift Wrote:

Enjoy! Very Happy

Oh , Good Your awake , See Ya Sunday .

Hi guys, I will be there on Sunday with the car as the bike is out of rego and in pieces for some more bling/mods.
See you all there Biker
No Worry's Mate , If you bring the Tathra deposit I'll shout you a coffee.

(23-06-2011, 12:49am)Greeny_SA Wrote: No Worry's Mate , If you bring the Tathra deposit I'll shout you a coffee.

That is one of the reasons I want to seee you Peter - the free cofee Lol3 Lol3 Seriously though, of course I will give you the money and it is me who will shout you for doing all that organizing work for Tathra Biker
(23-06-2011, 10:24am)Shifu Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 12:49am)Greeny_SA Wrote: No Worry's Mate , If you bring the Tathra deposit I'll shout you a coffee.

That is one of the reasons I want to seee you Peter - the free cofee Lol3 Lol3 Seriously though, of course I will give you the money and it is me who will shout you for doing all that organizing work for Tathra Biker

Well f@$k it then.............you can buy all of us one!!! LOL!!! ;)
(23-06-2011, 07:08pm)Troopmaster Wrote:

YesYes you Trophy Shifu
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!
(23-06-2011, 07:49pm)islanddrift Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 07:08pm)Troopmaster Wrote:

Yes you Trophy Shifu

You bloody vultures Lol3
(15-06-2011, 02:29pm)bazman Wrote: yeah, please do Andrew....would love to see some of ur work!! Pi_thumbsup

btw...I'm running a Tachyon HD at the mo'....still trying a few different mounting positions, but should Confused have it all sorted by BB time! Yes

....got a nice little "assignment" for you at the BB, if ur interested?!? Undecided

Coolsmiley
Bazman WHAT is the point of putting a camera on your bike as all we will see from the footage is a -moment of road then a lot of sky - moment of road then a lot of sky- moment of road then a lot of sky..... Lol2

Hey Pirates!!

Anyone making a B Line to Lobie tomorrow?

Weather will be ok, apparently! [/align]