anyone for halal beef
(10-06-2011, 12:27pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I can never understand why people insist on muddying the waters so...the intial post was about the indonesians disgusting cruelty towards cattle..doesn't matter if they were Australian or from anywhere else. The ban was put in place so that our country... ergo Australians... have nothing to do with this despicable behaviour. This has nothing to do with soldiers fighting a war in some shit hole nor does it have anything to do with oil. It is a simple case of a backward people inflicting unecessary pain and misery upon defensless animals for nothing more than their own amusment or to assuage their anger...a crime in my book that would see the perpetrators hung up by their genitals until dead. We really do need to stop pandering to these people. If they insist on the animal being killed in this way for religious grounds then it must be done in a way that is dignified and as painless as possible for the animal..ie stunned first. If they do not like that then let them starve!

Pi_thumbsup
(11-06-2011, 06:53pm)kawasuki Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 12:27pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I can never understand why people insist on muddying the waters so...the intial post was about the indonesians disgusting cruelty towards cattle..doesn't matter if they were Australian or from anywhere else. The ban was put in place so that our country... ergo Australians... have nothing to do with this despicable behaviour. This has nothing to do with soldiers fighting a war in some shit hole nor does it have anything to do with oil. It is a simple case of a backward people inflicting unecessary pain and misery upon defensless animals for nothing more than their own amusment or to assuage their anger...a crime in my book that would see the perpetrators hung up by their genitals until dead. We really do need to stop pandering to these people. If they insist on the animal being killed in this way for religious grounds then it must be done in a way that is dignified and as painless as possible for the animal..ie stunned first. If they do not like that then let them starve!

Steve and Ray,
I apologies for the thread hack..

Cheers
Bill

Pi_thumbsup

I reckon he might have been onto something there!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
From what I understand ,they like the adrenalin in the meat ,so the cattle have to be scared witless with it pumping through their vein's at death .
If it's true, you need to change a whole culture . Impossible ?

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(12-06-2011, 10:24pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote:
(11-06-2011, 06:53pm)kawasuki Wrote:

Steve and Ray,
I apologies for the thread hack..

Cheers
Bill

Pi_thumbsup

A small dose....ooops portion of Halal for all!!!!
(13-06-2011, 03:17am)Greeny_SA Wrote: From what I understand ,they like the adrenalin in the meat ,so the cattle have to be scared witless with it pumping through their vein's at death .
If it's true, you need to change a whole culture . Impossible ?

Yeah I guess its like trying to convince those idiots who use it that powdered Rhino horn is not an aphrodisiac...shame they have such small weeners that they need to use something like that!...same with the elephant tusk trade...education is the only way..... or a nuke or ten Lol2

Oh and Bill no need to appologise mate no offence taken.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
what is sad, is the farmers that are suffering due to exports that are now halted.

Yes, we All hate any suffering done to any animal.
What i wish, is a mandate on how the animals are treated,and that our farmers are secured in their income.
It seems a far fectched wish.
The farmers ARE the back bone too our country.
Could always reduce overseas aid to Indonesia to pay compensation to the people who lose out...no doubt THAT would cause an international ruckus...but who cares?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I began this post writing about picturing where we'd be today if it wasn't for religions past and present - at how much further developed we'd be.

But then I realised if it weren't for religions past, many of the wonders of civilisation would not have been built in respect for their beliefs. I think the world would be significantly more dull.

That's not to say I support cruelty to animals, or that I flatly believe in any type of god, but I'm trying really hard to be Agnostic. I think it's very easy to claim religion is an entirely evil creature that feeds on the weakness of man's mind, but we do owe a great deal to the inspiration that religious belief has provided. It's easy to see religion's shortcomings when we are presented with the sickening and bizzare acts that frankly, mankind has fabricated.
Religion is a platform for violence and politics the gun behind it!!!
(13-06-2011, 07:08pm)cheeky Wrote: what is sad, is the farmers that are suffering due to exports that are now halted.

What i wish, is a mandate on how the animals are treated,and that our farmers are secured in their income.

Hmmm. Think bigger. When the indo's said they would go to NZ for livestock, NZ said "we don't export livestock". Why do we have to export raw materials? Why not slaughter here and process here? Creates more jobs and still cares for the farmer, and the indo's get there beef. The poor farmer has been profiting from this barbarick behaviour, why cry poor when it is TEMPARARILY stopped pending changes?
(15-06-2011, 09:45am)Katana2 Wrote:
(13-06-2011, 07:08pm)cheeky Wrote: what is sad, is the farmers that are suffering due to exports that are now halted.

Hmmm. Think bigger. When the indo's said they would go to NZ for livestock, NZ said "we don't export livestock". Why do we have to export raw materials? Why not slaughter here and process here? Creates more jobs and still cares for the farmer, and the indo's get there beef. The poor farmer has been profiting from this barbarick behaviour, why cry poor when it is TEMPARARILY stopped pending changes?

Temporarily is the right word cause as soon as this hoora dies down its back to torturing Daisy with 90% of the farmers fully knowing whats going on!!!!! Most muslim countries would not buy "pre killed" beef as they would want to slaughter and drain blood themselves as the tradition dictates,on the other hand can you imagine what would happen here if the indos found out that the meat we where sending was not halal....ALAH U AKBAR would be the slogan coming from the biggest muslim population in the south pacific,if my geography is correct!!
Maybe the Indians should be voicing their opinion a little louder considering that the cow is on par with Jesus in religion value.Let us also not forget that one of our national icon,rat on steroids or whatever you want to call him,the kangaroo who ironically is on our coat of arms is classified as vermin and shot at like its going out of fashion.... we dispose/kill/eat one of the most recognised marsupials in the world!!!Glass houses and stones don't mix!!!
(15-06-2011, 09:45am)Katana2 Wrote:

I think it's all partr of the Halal butchery mate. They have to chant mumbo jumbo, face Mecca etc while they cut the poor bastards throats. We should be pushing to do the butchery and preparation here, but their riduculous faith precludes that! And they want the taste of adrenaline in the meat, that's why they put the poor bovine sods through so much pain and terror. I wonder how they'd like that done to them???

Max

Whats happening to this fast paced world !!!, its our cattle and our rules, simple, they can still eat with our options. If they want to eat, they get served humanely killed beef. They can go pray 6 times a day as far as I care and if their dumb god dont rain halal beef on them and they start starving, let them. Not about religion, its about the humane destruction of animal life. Which is more important, religion or torturing some poor animal to death.
(15-06-2011, 07:25pm)jamdonut Wrote: Whats happening to this fast paced world !!!, its our cattle and our rules, simple, they can still eat with our options. If they want to eat, they get served humanely killed beef. They can go pray 6 times a day as far as I care and if their dumb god dont rain halal beef on them and they start starving, let them. Not about religion, its about the humane destruction of animal life. Which is more important, religion or torturing some poor animal to death.

I can see where you're coming from but those colonial days where we can dictate to others what they can and cant do are gone my friend,their money their choice if we don't like it than we don't have to sell it to them but......and thats a big but when you pass it across to the farmer!!!!!!
Neither,you can still practice your religion and be humane,the Jews have,kosher is no diff from Halal and its still humanely done.

If one takes some time and researches that draining an animal of its blood before consumption is actually healthy especially for the male gender,maybe too far fetched for some here!!!!!