Oil Cooler Guard
Just bought the "Warp Speed" brand radiator and oil cooler guard set. Too many dings appearing in the radiator fins.

Radiator guard fitted in 10 minutes, but they didn't include any hints on installing the oil cooler guard. Could spend a while figuring it out, but thort somebody must have fitted an oil cooler guard already. Only 2 questions... 1. do you remove and discard the original steel mesh over the cooling fins? and 2. can I get the guard on without removing any fairing?

Gaz

<i></i>
sorry cant help ya
just a guess that maybe you remove the old metal guard before fitting the new 1

shane <i></i>
Prolly have to remove the fairing for ease..........

It's a tight squeeze in there,

Just replaced my "poor" mans radguard while I was fitting the new 06 forks.

Too easy

Let us know how you get on. It just might help the next punter.

Cheers, Phil. <i></i>
Thanks Guys !

I got impatient today and had to figure it out so I can pilot the 'Busa into the city Friday for a meeting. Basically, the Warp Speed oil cooler guard as delivered doesn't fit. I bought it from Steve at Rated R in WA and he has tried to help by contacting the manufacturer for instructions. The instructions were useless and incorrect.

Yes, you do need to remove and discard the original oil cooler mesh guard. Not sure why Suzuki bothered with this, as it is clearly not gunna save you from anything smaller than a few mm that jumps up from the road.

It then wasn't rocket science to figure out to remove the rubber edging between the mounting tabs on the new guard, cut 2 rows of mesh, and refit edging. This provides enuff clearance to refit the plastic moulding around the radiator and oil cooler.

In general I would describe the Warp Speed radiator and oil cooler guards as a piece of very agricultural kit. No engineering masterpiece here mates.

Notwithstanding my comments above, the ultimate result has been satisfactory and I am comfortable that anything short of a samuari sword will fail to penetrate my radiator or oil cooler.

Just ping me if anybody wants more detail or pictures.

Gaz
<i></i>
Good job Gaz,
If you have pictures, you can send them to me (E-mail) and I will post them up for you.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Thanks for the heads up Gaz!

Looks like the Autobarn mesh will do for the rest of us.

Protection isn't great. Bling factor is good. And for $20 to $30 for a large sheet you can do both radiators. (twice)

And it's easy to install.........

<i></i>
You can always choose Aussie made Rad Guards. They are expensive (IMO) but they will do a good job.

Busa Guards <i></i>
The pic below shows the Warp Speed guard installed. Difficult to get a good shot with the front wheel on, but I am sure as hell not gunna remove it, or that damn guard, to get a picture.

The problem was the height of the mesh between the 2 mounting tabs at the top. There was not enuff clearance to reinstall the plastic moulding between the lower fairings. I removed the edging, cut off 2 rows of mesh, refitted edging and all was OK.

The radiator guard is basically a piece of powder coated stainless steel mesh, with a rubber edging all around, that you fix to the radiator mountings with cable ties.

Bling-o-meter very low on this kit mates. Black powder coated mesh. Very understated.

"Rated R" sells the Radiator and Oil Cooler guards as a set for $140 + delivery. Not sure this is a bargain, given the standard of engineering, but I am satisfied with the result.

In my experience Steve at Rated R is always responsive to my queries and willing to invest his time and effort in his customers.

Gaz <i></i>
Seen some nice radiator and cooler guards made in QLD lately, stamped stainless steel custom made , if anyone is interested i can send you Gerards number.

www.streetfighters.com.au...954386.jpg
www.streetfighters.com.au...943900.jpg <i></i>