bye too all, no busa for me :(
(27-05-2011, 02:02pm)Folbzbusa Wrote: too all , the minister of finance at my house has spoken, stating that she won't ever get on the back of a mighty busa.:( so it looks like i'm going to get a m109r instead so she can come for the odd rides ! Thanks for all advice given to me since i Joined this awesome forum, its a hell of a lot better than others i've joined, and a great bunch of friendly people too. So ride safe guys, and too the south aussie guys, i'll stop and say hi if your up lobethal one sunny weekend,

Good luck with your solution. I went the other way, from the M109LE to the Busa. For pillions, I'd say both are about the same, with perhaps the perceived edge going to the '9 because of it's cruisey real estate. It's still no slouch though(!)
For the rider, the Busa is better in every way, but especially handling. Scraping pegs on the 9 can get annoying. However, for an all-rounder, the 9 has great road presence. Careful with going over bumps though. The suspension travel is limited and the pillion's spine as well as the rider's tend to get a few thumps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I became a bike trainer and taught my Mrs how to ride now she has her own bike when we go out for rides. Its a win win for me. Biker
I also went the other way round.
I owned LE M109R and swapped it to LE Busa.
9 is a nice bike,plenty of lown down torque and comfy ride.
It also turns heads,since it really looks mean.
My other half was not happy for the swap over,but nowdays,she even asks me for a rideVery Happy
I took my slightly modded 9 to willowbank a couple of times and my best pass was flat 12 seconds,which wasn't too bad for a such a heavy monster(I weigh 100kg myself).
Both nice bikes though,one is comfy and fast the other is less comfy and lot fasterLol3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2008 LE,4-1 Acrapovic,Flashed,Quickshifter,Swingarm Extension,Chromed Grips,Powerbronze Screen,etc...

YEEEEEE, HAYABUSA...WAY OF LIFE!
Work the female psyche; you've tried your damndest to sell the Busa, but you will lose so much money on its that it would be best to keep it.

I don't have the pillion problem as the cook hates bikes, but I have to use all sorts of cunning to keep or change themGhastly

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Be sure before you buy a 109. Biker
I love the look of them, It is one sexy bike!!!! but after a "test ride" was quite dissapointed. No more gruntly than the 'busa. (The rocket3 has heaps! more grunt - but is more ugly!)
I think it would get quite tireing with the seating position and reach with not much ability to change position in the saddle, and I couldn't live with the ground clearance issues with the 109.
Guess I'm not ready for a cruiser yet.

So think about who the bike's for, and what you want out of it.
But either way, that's no excuse for leaving the forum Biker
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Keep the busa and use a car when she's tagging along. Gotta have a busa!
Carpe Diem!
Well my old girl loves the Busa. WSBK I ride down with the blokes and she flys down I pick her up in Melb and she comes on ride back here to mackay. her flying down rather than pillion means she wont have the shits by the time we get there, on the ride back we usully do around 7000ks in three weeks and make a real holiday out of it, never complains even at 180 in second lol.