So you think you're fast eh?
If anybody is interested, the space station and shuttle are very easily viewable at the moment. Sunday 22nd there is a pass that most should be able to see across the country (it relies on the sun being below the horizon and light reflected from the ISS/STS), assuming clear skies and no floodlit football ground right next door!

The following times are YOUR local time on Sunday evening and are provided free of GST.

Perth: NW to SE, peak at 1742 in the NE, elevation around 78 degrees above the horizon

Adelaide: NNW to ESE, peak at 1741 to the NN, elevation 43 degrees

Melbourne: NW to ESE peak in the NW 1813 elevation 62 degrees

Sydney: WNW to S, peak at 1813 to the SW elevation 31 degrees

There will be a number of passes in various locations over the next week or so, the following site is very good. Just remember to check that you enter your location correctly (and select ISS as the object) or the timing will be out.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Bang on time tonight, anyone else?
No but by the time I worked out where to look it was too late.

(23-05-2011, 11:07pm)Landmine Wrote: No but by the time I worked out where to look it was too late.

Here's some more for tomorrow 23rd May, alas WA pass is a bit low:

Perth: W to SSE peaks in SW at 18:08:32 24 degrees elevation

Adelaide: WNW to SSE peaks in SW at 18:07:40 41 degrees elevation

Melbourne: Gets one tomorrow and a good one on Wednesday
23 May WNW to S peaks in SW at 18:37:40 35 degrees elevation
24 May NW to ESE peaks in NE at 17:24:49 62 degrees elevation

Sydney: Not good tomorrow but slightly better Wednesday
24 May WNW to SSE peak in SSW at 17:27:51 31 degrees elevation
What about us Queenslanders? Or are we just going to have to be satisfied by seeing our stars all over NSW tomorrow night?

I guess that and being just one more win away from the inevitable 6th series win.....
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Tried to see it mate but the weather here in Adelaide does not co-operate. The outlook for tonight is not great either but will give it a go again.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(24-05-2011, 11:37am)Champs Wrote: What about us Queenslanders? Or are we just going to have to be satisfied by seeing our stars all over NSW tomorrow night?

I guess that and being just one more win away from the inevitable 6th series win.....

Yea, yea, I thought of Brissie, but ran out of time. Anyone can get the details from the web URL shown below. Make sure that the correct 'site' location is entered and just click on ISS to see all potential visible passes. Nothing for Perth for the next few days, so we may all have missed out for now:

http://www.heavens-above.com/
No passes to be ssen for another week or so. By then the Shuttle may have dropped back to Earth, but the ISS will still the brightest artificial object in the sky just after sunset.