Throttle locks
Does anyone still have the pictures from the cruise control DIY section?

I found the post but the pictures dont show for me anymore.
(23-05-2011, 08:25am)Masterbusa Wrote: Does anyone still have the pictures from the cruise control DIY section?

I found the post but the pictures dont show for me anymore.
+ 1 Pi_thumbsup
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
+1 Maj. Used that mod on my 99, worked good, would crz at 100-120.

Best part about was it cost nothing........you just had to remember not to give it full "choke" on start up....Coolsmiley
Never ride the A model of anything.
You were one of the pioneers on that one Rev

I have no pics Masterbusa , but its quite simple you bend the fast idle stopper tag and adjust the screw down on the throttlebodies so its range is increased from a couple of hundred rpm to a few thousand,
well thanks heaps for all your input Pi_thumbsup.... unfortunatley i am not a cheap bastard! Thanks greeny i have been looking at the throttlemeister. Do you know if the throttlemeister will fit with metal grips?
agree that the throttlemeisters are the goods, beautiful piece of engineering
Too Weird to Live Too Rare to Die
(23-05-2011, 08:41pm)booosed Wrote: well thanks heaps for all your input Pi_thumbsup.... unfortunatley i am not a cheap bastard! Thanks greeny i have been looking at the throttlemeister. Do you know if the throttlemeister will fit with metal grips?

Not sure re metal grip's but can't see why it wouldn't work . The advantage of the throttle meister, is they work on a left hand thread ,so in a panic situation you are unlocking it as you twist the throttle backwards, & you can adjust the tension with washers so that you can still override it.
Much easier than trying to push your choke back in an emergency .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(25-05-2011, 10:43pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(23-05-2011, 08:41pm)booosed Wrote: well thanks heaps for all your input Pi_thumbsup.... unfortunatley i am not a cheap bastard! Thanks greeny i have been looking at the throttlemeister. Do you know if the throttlemeister will fit with metal grips?

Not sure re metal grip's but can't see why it wouldn't work . The advantage of the throttle meister, is they work on a left hand thread ,so in a panic situation you are unlocking it as you twist the throttle backwards, & you can adjust the tension with washers so that you can still override it.
Much easier than trying to push your choke back in an emergency .

+ 1 ........BikerBikerBiker
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!