Lane splitting thoughts?
(18-05-2011, 11:49pm)TempOzzy Wrote: I prefer to use bike lanes rather than filter at traffic lights. Is this seen as better or worse by a) the police, and b) other motorists? I don't care about the opinions of cyclists because I don't use 'their lane' if they are present.

I think "cyclist splitting" is allowable Read .. preferably at about machIII Knuppel2
Bloody things should not be on the road in any way, shape or form ..
Sorry, just my 2c worth .. I feel better now
(19-05-2011, 11:46am)Dale Wrote: I think "cyclist splitting" is allowable Read .. preferably at about machIII Knuppel2
Bloody things should not be on the road in any way, shape or form ..
Sorry, just my 2c worth .. I feel better now
A mate of mine and very early member of the Hayabusa club used to enjoy "lycra splitting" around the Perth hills too. I wonder if Clive is still on the board?
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(19-05-2011, 11:28am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Lets face it the "indignant stares" Ian referres to is what it all comes down to doesn't it... the small number of c..k gobblers in cages who cannot stand to see someone go past them and jump the queue are the ones who, when they see you coming, move over just that little bit and sit smirking to themselves cause they stopped you!

Gotta agree here too Steve.

I also strongly believe that if we sit with the traffic we will get hit from the side/back/otherside sooner or later. I continually move through the traffic keeping the radar active all the time. It's harder for them to back-end me that way.

Max

Lets face it though most here would love to jam a 20 inch screwdriver into the earhole of some of these wankers who just ruin a good lane split because they are stuck and don't see why you shouldn't be
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GH8D2EqDZs&feature=related

This video shows what happens quote "This is in California where motorcycle spitting is legal. Drove this freeway every day for five years.Cars cannot pass the double yellow! I got a nice settlement."

This dude is riding a bit fast for lane splitting and the car shouldn't have been changing lanes. If you can believe a you tube video then he was in the right but was it worth the damage and injury.

Just make it legal and let the rider make up his or her mind depending on the situation they are in at the time.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
(20-05-2011, 11:38am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Lets face it though most here would love to jam a 20 inch screwdriver into the earhole of some of these wankers who just ruin a good lane split because they are stuck and don't see why you shouldn't be

+1!
(20-05-2011, 11:38am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Lets face it though most here would love to jam a 20 inch screwdriver into the earhole of some of these wankers who just ruin a good lane split because they are stuck and don't see why you shouldn't be

Yoou are wrong,unacceptable,harsh,violent,uncaring and I strongly disagree Steve,it should be 23 inch!!!!!Icon_rolleyesIcon_rolleyes

Glad you fellows ride motor cycles. But just think I am sure there are many more with Attitudes in four wheel drives with a roo bar to hid behind. I hope you don't look up one day to see the demented chin of a four wheeler as you disappear under the bonnet when you are displaying shitty attitude toward other road users. Maybe its just that cyclist are smaller in the food chain.

(21-05-2011, 04:53am)1300hayabusa Wrote:

Yoou are wrong,unacceptable,harsh,violent,uncaring and I strongly disagree Steve,it should be 23 inch!!!!!Icon_rolleyesIcon_rolleyes

Hi I have a roo bar on my ute.....:(.