Fuel Consumpton
The only fuel consumption figure I will ever remember on my GenII was it's very first tank of fuel.
After leaving the dealership with a full tank, I rode 70km to work and I was on empty. Wtf
My K9 has returned excellent mileage since new. I live away from the city so don't contend with heavy traffic but I always hit 300km before the fuel light shows. All manner of riding from legal to prison speeds. Always use whatever fuel is available from all sorts of seedy looking pumps and always use 95. Last filled up at BP Rylstone and rode home to Central Coast with 324km and no fuel light still. Mind you speeds between 110 to 160 max this time so reasonably tame. Mate I ride with has a Firestorm and another has 1400 Ninja and both use heaps more...They put 12 litres each at top up stops while the Busa takes about 9 1/2. I run it on stock standard settings and original pipes. Both my mates have loud aftermarket pipes..do you think that makes a big difference? Do those who are getting poor mileage also have aftermarket pipes. Personally, I like those great cannons that come standard but I seem to be in the minority.
I get about 300 or so clicks to a tank. Mind you I ride like a granny to work as there are cameras everywhere and unmarked police and ride sedately. Its hard restraint but so easy to get into trouble with a busa if you are stupid with it. When I cane it, the gauge goes down bloody quick, 100-200 or so clicks per tank.
we all have our reasoning and they are all different,i did"nt buy it for fuel economy i am just glad to make it to the next fuel station so i can shove more fuel in it,don't look for cheapest fuel either,i get my wife to follow all those economy rules in her car though.
wow, i cant believ some are complaining about there numbers, ill be picking up my first busa this weekend, and look forward to getting almost any of those MPG's, im used to my 04 R1, 165k's to a tank in town, 200k's to a tank highway
little bit of an update on this, 06 busa with muzzy 4-1, airbox mod, pair valve mod and i think a filter, stock tune, trip metre is telling me 12.8k's per litre around town, to and from work, were as my R1 was getting 8.2k's per litre, im loving it Very Happy
and went for a quick sprint out of town for a beer or 3 today, 14.9L/km im extremly happy, been on it for a week now, and i dont go easy on bikes, and iv only just finnished my first tank, very happy to say the least
Just after 2k on the odometer and I got to 340 on a tank after about 15 on the fuel light. Not bad I reckon and it only took 17 litres to fill too. Addmittedly it was mainly country miles but still!
(01-03-2011, 08:41pm)mgbusa Wrote: Just after 2k on the odometer and I got to 340 on a tank after about 15 on the fuel light. Not bad I reckon and it only took 17 litres to fill too. Addmittedly it was mainly country miles but still!

On at least 4 or 5 performance bikes I've run in from new, the fuel consumption has reduced significantly after the run in period.

Is this such a rare event that nobody has heard about it or is the forum full of Hyosung-Busa owners?
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Well I guess thats what a forum is all about Bob, new owners and veteran owners asking questions, comparing experiences, and hopefully learning a few things along the way. Due to the non specific nature of your therefore uninformative comments and the addition of what I assume you intend to be an insult ( or perhaps the performance bike you speak of are Hyosungs?), can we conclude you have absolutely nothing of substance to add to this discussion? If you do have a Busa why not relate your own experience?

(06-03-2011, 12:05am)Belzybob Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 08:41pm)mgbusa Wrote: Just after 2k on the odometer and I got to 340 on a tank after about 15 on the fuel light. Not bad I reckon and it only took 17 litres to fill too. Addmittedly it was mainly country miles but still!

On at least 4 or 5 performance bikes I've run in from new, the fuel consumption has reduced significantly after the run in period.

Is this such a rare event that nobody has heard about it or is the forum full of Hyosung-Busa owners?
(18-01-2011, 09:29pm)BikerBoy Wrote: The only fuel consumption figure I will ever remember on my GenII was it's very first tank of fuel.
After leaving the dealership with a full tank, I rode 70km to work and I was on empty. Wtf

I can not believe this I work between 5 and 6 litres per 100 km commuting. I find the Hayabusa pretty reasonable on fuel.
My Genll sucks about a litre a lap at PI. Lol3
(10-03-2011, 12:00am)Landmine Wrote:
(18-01-2011, 09:29pm)BikerBoy Wrote: The only fuel consumption figure I will ever remember on my GenII was it's very first tank of fuel.

I can not believe this I work between 5 and 6 litres per 100 km commuting. I find the Hayabusa pretty reasonable on fuel.

Hi Landmine, I think BikerBoy may have been having a dig at the dealership giving him a "supposed" full tank of fuel as part of the deal. Shock horror that a dealer may have tried to shaft someone. I'm surprised they don't try and charge us for the air in our tyres.

As for your fuel consumption, I get the same on my K9 - normally around 5.5 litres/100km.

Regards, Michael
Hey Bikerboy, was your bike sitting in the window for a year befor you bought it? Lol2 Very Happy
Just been on a country 'break in' run of 250kms. Filled on the side stand until air bubbled from the filler neck, so I suppose it was a litre or so short of absolute max. Gauge now shows midway between the top of the red and the half way mark. Average speed for the run was about 125 km/h. I'd estimate near to 5l/100km, but around town for the first 100kms it was a lot, lot worse.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool