My new Project Bike CBR1000FK
Of all the bikes to be had why did you want this one? Coz I have an "unfinished romance" with this particular bike. I had one back in 1989 for about 6 months before I had to sell it due to splitting up for divorce. I just looooved the bike and frankly cant remember just why I had to sell it. Well that was just over 21 years ago and alot of water under the bridge.

Since then I had three ST1100's and the busa in 1999 which as you know I still have, still love it and wont part with it. But I have been on the lookout for some years for one of those FK's but had to be same colour Blue/White that I had. A few popped up now and then but nothing came of it. Till a few weeks back when i spotted one on Ebay link. It was practically mint condition. So I had to have it inspite of how far it was. I paid $3425 (took off $365 for NT rego that I didnt need) and had it freighted to my door which arrived yesterday. Log book shows 1 owner who did 6000 k's in the first year then about 3600 over the next 20 yrs. (he says hes now 70 yrs old)

My plan is to strip her down clean,service, fix and re-build. Will need new tyres these are pretty dried out and cracked, rideable but not trustworthy. Mirror cover plastic yellowed with age - repaint and few bits and piece that may need attending. Mostly shes in a near new condition.

PS. Amazingly, when shes warming up, its the same smell I remember from 21 yrs back, newy Honda smell. Ok to the pics.

Any advice how best to paint the mirror plastics appreciated.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Wow Volvi, what a sweet looking old girl! Let the romancing continue.
Wow that realy is in great nick, i had an 87 cbr1000f myself, loved it, and was great till it clocked just over 100'000 k's and got very tired very quickly
Whats going on here this is a Hayabusa forum not a crappy old Honda forum Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Definitely the Hayabusa of its day, even a 300 on the speedo unlike current busas lol.
Volvi, in all honesty, keep her original if that is how she is. I had a mate import his CBR600 from the UK but when he got her to a local Honda dealer he found that she was a limited edition run that was only released in the UK and she was 1 of 7 left. Some good bikes mature with age, and the big bore motherships are the ones that last the longest. Just like with the classic cars. You would hate to say in 10-20 years time that you had one of them and you turned it into a fighter/dragbike/etc.
WOW! What a bargain, she's beautiful (wiping a tear from my eye lol)
Clap
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
16" Front wheel ?
17" this is CBR Gen2. Yea intend to keep it OEM. tho aftermarket cans are looking tempting, can do with a bit of sound http://www.vyxxn.co.uk/catalog/motorcycl...-1068.html
Drool Nice
Very under estimated bike of it's day
Looks also like the shed that the Busa club had it's first meeting in with 7 people many years ago Very Happy
Beautiful looking bike Volvi Smitten
Looks like she just rolled out of the showroom ..

Cheers .. Dale
(27-02-2011, 07:12am)fasterfaster Wrote: Drool Nice
Very under estimated bike of it's day
Looks also like the shed that the Busa club had it's first meeting in with 7 people many years ago Very Happy

yup you would know you was there. maybe they were under estimated due to theyre "barber shop" colors (old time barbers pole in front of shop, red/white or blue/white). but they were an awesome bike of its time.
very nice mate...
Nice looking old girl. Smitten I had it's older sister! a 1987 red/black. loved it . . . until a mate bought a VTR1000 and showed me up, so I sold it and bought the busa. (He's since sold the VTR and given up - bought a BMW boxer Lol3 )
Hope she gives you plenty of thrills and no spills.

and remeber the new laws, club plates wouldn't be too far off for that? Coolsmiley
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
That looks cleaner than my 2010 Busa. It's got less K's on it too!!!
Nice buy Volvi.