pegs
Just ordered a set of Buell pegs from the states,all the mods are done so as they go straight on,comes with new springs and instructions.
Will let you know how they go when fitted.
Adrian.
where from and how much??

I really want to get a set sooner rather than later
The pegs take 2 seconds to fit.. And then you spend the next half an hour adjusting the brake/shifter.
That 1 inch makes a massive difference tho.
Enjoy
(15-02-2011, 06:28pm)daaef Wrote: The pegs take 2 seconds to fit.. And then you spend the next half an hour adjusting the brake/shifter.

+1

Make sure you do the adjustment, or your brake light will be permanently on.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(15-02-2011, 06:46pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(15-02-2011, 06:28pm)daaef Wrote: The pegs take 2 seconds to fit.. And then you spend the next half an hour adjusting the brake/shifter.

+2

Didn't make much difference to me, not worth the money. Just suffer a smidgeon more instead and save $100.

Sorry to be a downer but people hype up this buell peg like it's a miracle. It's a tiny f*&^ing tweak, doesn't really stop your legs from aching. Gimmick Pi_thumbsdown

Same goes for the throttlerocker, it just makes fine throttle control more difficult - gimmick Pi_thumbsdown

Same goes for touring screens, another $150 that doesn't really make a difference. Gimmick Pi_thumbsdown

Heated bars - scald the insides of your hands while the outsides of your fingers freeze up like rigormortis. Gimmick Pi_thumbsdown

At the risk of both hijacking (sorry about that skin!) and making myself look like a twat, I'm going to ask a question: Why aren't there barkbusters for road bikes with powerful heating on the inside?
These seem like better value and look better than the buell pegs, and there half the price.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pro.../4703/695/
I'm honestly not that impressed by the buell pegs either, they do lower you're feet to a better height but they feel to narrow and put you're heel to close to the exhaust.I wouldn't be game to stand up on them.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
i wanted lower pegs on my busa because of an old motorbike injury so i got the vario footpegs with a 30mm drop and a 360 degree rotation and they did make abit of differance they are very light and well made only down side is i scrap my right boot when over low but thats more to the fact i cant bend the knee far enough back to out my toes on the footpeg.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(16-02-2011, 10:11pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I'm honestly not that impressed by the buell pegs either, they do lower you're feet to a better height but they feel to narrow and put you're heel to close to the exhaust.I wouldn't be game to stand up on them.

I've been using mine for a while now and find them infinitely more comfortable than the OEM pegs. I no longer get hip cramps.

As for your concerns about putting weight on the pegs, well, I'm 96kg and they haven't broken yet. (Fingers crossed.)
(18-02-2011, 05:30pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(16-02-2011, 10:11pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I'm honestly not that impressed by the buell pegs either, they do lower you're feet to a better height but they feel to narrow and put you're heel to close to the exhaust.I wouldn't be game to stand up on them.

I've been using mine for a while now and find them infinitely more comfortable than the OEM pegs. I no longer get hip cramps.

As for your concerns about putting weight on the pegs, well, I'm 96kg and they haven't broken yet. (Fingers crossed.)
ok good to know,yes they definitely make a difference.I probably just need to get used to them.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(15-02-2011, 06:46pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:

+1

Ive had mine on for a fortnight now, yep forgot to adjust the brake light until I read this. Cost of pegs was $43 from the local Harley shop & I did the machining myself.
They have taken a litlte of time to get used to, as rainbow said the slightly lower position has helped with cramp.
Im over 6 foot & in my case have made 400 - 500 klm rides on the weekends a little more comfortable.
Each to thier own I suppose, Oh I did find today in the twisties you have to remember to shift the feet up a little as I was scraping in corners where Ive never had a problerm before.
(16-02-2011, 06:22am)sutur Wrote: Why aren't there barkbusters for road bikes with powerful heating on the inside?
I'm pretty sure BMW has them on some of their bikes. Anyway, I ride through winter without heated grips. Even in NZ I had no problems with getting cold fingers. It seems to affect some people more than others.
(20-02-2011, 11:52pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(16-02-2011, 06:22am)sutur Wrote: Why aren't there barkbusters for road bikes with powerful heating on the inside?
I'm pretty sure BMW has them on some of their bikes. Anyway, I ride through winter without heated grips. Even in NZ I had no problems with getting cold fingers. It seems to affect some people more than others.

I don't have workers hands.