Car suggestions
Heidi I'll give you $55 for you $50 car Pi_thumbsup
or sell some of you bikes, I don't know if anyone one has told you but most people only ride one bike at a time Boobies4
Heidi there are some super bargains out there .............. Pajero is probably the cheapest 4x4 out there................ second hand.
I paid $2500.00 for this just for salt water and sand use on Fraser Island. When it's rusted out and finished at that price just throw it out and buy another ............ cheaper than repairing one dent on my good one. Besides you can then ya ass up here with Bruce and have some fun ?
Who cares on the petrol .............. it's a rocket Lol2

(14-02-2011, 10:49pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Forget the Magna as I think you'll Find they are front wheel drive & Shit for towing .

Greeny not all front wheel drive cars are Shit for towing.

Sydney to Mout Dare and return non stop towing 2.8t of car and trailer 5670klms in 72 hours non stop. That includes 500k's of sand and rough dirt road. She averaged 13kpl for the trip.

[Image: 2010-12-11-RecoveryoftheDiscovery20.jpg]

[Image: 2010-12-11-RecoveryoftheDiscovery22.jpg]

[Image: 2010-12-11-RecoveryoftheDiscovery31.jpg]
Heidi, not just a Forrester, look for Forrester GT or XT (it's newer).
The plain Forrester is a 4 cylinder and you'll struggle up hills.

Do you want me to just buy one for you? I love buying cars!
(15-02-2011, 07:55am)fasterfaster Wrote: Heidi there are some super bargains out there .............. Pajero is probably the cheapest 4x4 out there................ second hand.
I paid $2500.00 for this just for salt water and sand use on Fraser Island. When it's rusted out and finished at that price just throw it out and buy another ............ cheaper than repairing one dent on my good one. Besides you can then ya ass up here with Bruce and have some fun ?

Excellent choice, this also should be on top of your list....
(15-02-2011, 09:44am)Bill Gaheer Wrote:
(15-02-2011, 07:55am)fasterfaster Wrote: Heidi there are some super bargains out there .............. Pajero is probably the cheapest 4x4 out there................ second hand.

Excellent choice, this also should be on top of your list....

BTW, I am also in the market for a cheap SUV/VAN/Ute as we have decided that we are not putting a towbar on my new Q7...cause its f*&^ing exp to put a towbar on these things......Audi quoted me 3500$
Scary

Need a cheap $50 SUV/UTE/VAN willing to spend around 2500$....
(15-02-2011, 09:26am)BLACKZOOK Wrote:
(14-02-2011, 10:49pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Forget the Magna as I think you'll Find they are front wheel drive & Shit for towing .

Sydney to Mout Dare and return non stop towing 2.8t of car and trailer 5670klms in 72 hours non stop. That includes 500k's of sand and rough dirt road. She averaged 13kpl for the trip.

Trophy, is this thing front wheel drive.... that talks a lot about VW...
Heidi, do you really need a 4WD and how often would you use it for that purpose?
If just for dirt roads then a 2WD petrol would suffice, only really need the 4wd if going to cape york and places like that.
It really is minimising your options and costing you valuable $$$'s not only upfront costs but repair costs too.
If you did not need a 4bee maybe an older falcon (XE, XF, etc) ute or stationwagon if you like your Fords or VP/VS ute (manual) if you like holdens, cheap, great for towing and parts are cheap enough, unlike a subaru or suzuki. IMHPO you would be better off with the Falcon as most of them are manual as opposed to the auto's in the holdens, wont last long towing for long periods without an oil cooler and regular changes of trans fluid with the auto's.
You need a good back for prolonged periods in a vitara, their quite bouncy and pick up every lump and bump in the road, possibly not with a trailer on the back but it would be a slow trip otherwise.
But if its 4WD you want, you should be able to pick up an older Hilux maybe 2.8ltr diesel, however with a trailer it wouldn't pull a sick kid off a hookers tit in a hurry. The V6 would be the better option if you could find one.
"wouldn't pull a sick kid off a hookers tit "

Now that is funny
The mental image has made me me go *shudder*.
Heidi!

From my experiance, steer clear of the older magna's. Quite expensive for parts and servicing.
The forester is indeed a very good car and i have had no issues with mine except for the 3 gearbox rebuilds ( all my fault). It is quite limited with how much it will tow also. towed 3 dirtbikes down a massive hill and lets just say it was interesting coming down and also going back up despite having a turbo.
Tows the roadie to PI no problems. Easy Peasy

I would go for the Vitara. Suzuki too!!!!!!!!
Very good vehicle, very reliable and cheap to run. will do everything you want.
THe motor will tow without the torque hole that is exibited by the subaru and will comfortably fit the family or whomever you want with the 4 door wagon.
The subaru is a little small but does nicely for 99% of the time.

Yep, sorry i jumped around a bit.

steer clear of old magnas!

good luck.
Hey Giraffe, you think like I do!! Makes it bloody difficult to stay on topic, but apparently it is entertaining for those who can keep up. I'm thinking about giving Pan a suitcase full of small unmarked bills and making him do it. This is HEAPS more fun when you are buying a bike.
(15-02-2011, 12:31pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Hey Giraffe, you think like I do!! Makes it bloody difficult to stay on topic, but apparently it is entertaining for those who can keep up. I'm thinking about giving Pan a suitcase full of small unmarked bills and making him do it. This is HEAPS more fun when you are buying a bike.

Hey Heidi,can put you on to a very good Holden Jackaroo turbo diesel for your budget.All set to go for towing ,and the diesels are good on fuel.Cheers Chris
(15-02-2011, 09:26am)BLACKZOOK Wrote: [quote='Greeny_SA' pid='236138' dateline='1297687760']
Forget the Magna as I think you'll Find they are front wheel drive & Shit for towing .

[Image: 2010-12-11-RecoveryoftheDiscovery20.jpg]

Jesus Bruce ........................ you and your bloody photoshop. I don't reckon that VW has ever been past Paramatta Lol2 Lol2 Lol2
This is what Mt Dare looks like in real time without Photoshop Wtf

No Fair Bruce, Thats a proper car, made by people who can make car's,In Europe not here, Long way from a Magna.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here