Car suggestions
Working on the premise that I have three and a half bikes, and don't like to spend more than $50 on a car, I'd like some suggestions. I've decided on a Mitsubishi Magna wagon, they are un-killable, I can tow the bike trailer and put all the dogs in the back. Very sensible.

HOWEVER, I briefly fell in love with a Vitara Estate, so now my list of requirements might have changed (although realistically, the Magna is still a good bet).

I'd like suggestions on a smallish 4wd, that can pull a bike trailer, commute to work if it is snowing and can be 2 or 4WD so it isn't to bad on fuel. I've always wanted to go and see Lake Eyre in flood and go to watch the salt racers, neither of which the $50 car can take me to. I'd also like to get hammered and tear up the front paddock at the family farm. AND I don't want to spend more than $10 000 max.

Any suggestions?
I'm off to buy popcorn and will be back...
(14-02-2011, 10:19pm)pan Wrote: I'm off to buy popcorn and will be back...

Popcorn
Well you are no help AT ALL! I'm not helping you reverse your trailer EVER AGAIN!
(14-02-2011, 10:25pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Well you are no help AT ALL! I'm not helping you reverse your trailer EVER AGAIN!

Lol2Lol2
I just had a look at carsales for ideas...

I think you'd like the Vitara, Rav4, the CRV, etc, but they'll be under-powered.
Larger 4WD's will do the job but are boring to drive.
I seriously think you'd love the Forester GT. There's one in the ACT in your budget... Have a look. It's basically a WRX in sheeps clothing and will tow anything.
Link? I'm also a bit stuffed because I know NOTHING about cars. I have absolutely no interest in them, never had. The $50 car is a mobile storage unit. That's why I need suggestions.

This one? Looks like a lot of kms, but reads well.
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/priv....aspx?Cr=0&R=9587429&keywords=&trecs=35&__sid=12AE3CAEFCC7&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216%201247%201252%201282%204294963801%204294963567%20897&silo=1011

This one has less kms
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/priv...R=10071652&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201252%201282%204294963801%204294963567%20897&silo=1011&__No=30&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=35&__sid=12AE3CAEFCC7
Forget the Magna as I think you'll Find they are front wheel drive & Shit for towing . TOYOTA HILUX Indestructible .Don't get a car built in this country The're Rubbish All of them .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
How about this little guy?
http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/disp...=123034487

This could be a tidy Forrester
http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/disp...=123039855
You could pick up a nice V6 Vitara for under 10k
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I've heard they use a lot of fuel. Not a bad idea though.

That's it, I freakin hate cars. I'm keeping the $50 car, easier than trying to work out this shit.
Heidi, I drive a Landrover diesel (small 2.5 l engine) version. Had it since new - 7 years now and apart of being a chronic ratler with occasional oil leak, no problems. 1100 km on one tank and it can do off road and towing a bike trailer easy. Enough room on the back for a occasional night in the bush as well. I am not selling mine but you can get them for about 10-12k everywhere. Just another suggestion for your considerationUndecided
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
How about a Hilux Surf, Heidi? - Diesels are great for towing; way more economical than a petrol engine, plus better torque.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
You will never pick a car !!! unfortunatly to do it correctly - you should have the budget (which you have) + Car type (which you are all over the place) + Application in which the car will be used (towing etc) + area of search (ACT + NSW).

Things you must know is that you alteast need a V6 (or mordern 4) as minimum, V8 would do good in long run as the car is old - these engines have too much grunt hence they usually longer lasting. (simple theory - if you had a 250 CC 4 storke v/s your Busa engine which one would last longer under our test conditions - I know its Busa as it has more power then we can manage - for most of the people)

Dont worry about the fuel cost and worry about the cost of ownership - good clean engine, low KM, V8 (drinks lot of fuel) but the car is cheap - example here is the Jeep 2002 with 154000KM for 8 Grand (I am sure you can bring down the price to 7 K).

Stick with Petrol and you will have minimum problems...

you need to make you your mind, plan and then search - the current way will only mess you up.....
The Jeep had heating problems and cylinder heads used to pop like virgins on prom night,hence why they are cheap.