Anyone here running Pirelli Diablo's???
No, not the corsa's, just the standard ones....juz bought a set, never used them before.....and juz wondering if anyone that has been using them recently can gimme some feedback....

cheers,
bazman
Coolsmiley
Yep I have been running them for the last year or so, Nice & sticky I have the road ones for the road & SC1 for the track Pi_thumbsup
The SC1 are really soft & dont last long Biker
Thanks simmo,
What sorta mileage can I hope to get outta them?!?
Coolsmiley
(06-02-2011, 07:02pm)bazman Wrote: Thanks simmo,
Coolsmiley

With your monos not much out of the rear Nerd
I did like the Bridgestones better 020 - 021 but I'm trying to convert Pi_thumbsup
(06-02-2011, 07:16pm)simmo Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 07:02pm)bazman Wrote: Thanks simmo,
Coolsmiley

With your monos not much out of the rear Nerd
I did like the Bridgestones better 020 - 021 but I'm trying to convert Pi_thumbsup

I've used the pireli diablos, good confidence with them, could drift with them, however did not last long, bought them as a double deal with fronts from mca accessories for 379 buckeroonies fitted and balanced. as I am a tyre vandal last between 1-3k, friends use pilot power pures, continentals, and pirelli corsas. Avon storms another good one I've heard thru mates, and somehow although a 190 series is wider than the other brands. Hmm. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
G'day Bazman, I have been running diablo rosso 190/55 for the last few times and am getting 5 to 7K out of them and am happy with the feel ( I don't like too soft a tyre as I feel uncomfortable if the bus is squirming under power). Thinking of changing to the M5 Metzeler for the sake of change. Hope this helps..... MarkCoolsmiley
(07-02-2011, 05:27pm)garbo Wrote: G'day Bazman, I have been running diablo rosso 190/55 for the last few times and am getting 5 to 7K out of them and am happy with the feel ( I don't like too soft a tyre as I feel uncomfortable if the bus is squirming under power). Thinking of changing to the M5 Metzeler for the sake of change. Hope this helps..... MarkCoolsmiley
Hi Mark, If you are happy with the grip with the rosso you may want to run one again. I don't know how the m5s compare with the m1s but I do know that I just got 2200kms out of a 190/50 m1 sportech and that included 600 kms in the pouring rain. Grip wise the rear m1 was ok but I think even the standard pilot power gripped better. Having said that the m1 on the front really suits the bus. Think I will go back to a pilot power or pilot power 2ct in a 55 series next. Paul.
I had the Diablo Rossos on as my last set. I was pretty happy with them, they provide good consistent grip wet or dry. I got about 14000ks out of them. But I seem to be light on my tyres. Mainly commuting each day with the occasional weekend thrash. Did 1 track day on them.

Have just put the new Michelin Pilot Pure on and I think they're a much better tyre. They are more compliant than the Pirellis they don't crash over cat eyes as much, and provide more side grip confidence. They may not be quite as consistent in the wet as the Pirellis but it would only be a marginal difference.
ordered a rear diablo corsa today for a track day in march. will let you know how it goes. cheers garboCoolsmiley
thanks to everyone that replied for ur input! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
Bazman,
I'm running Pirelli Diablo Strada's and I find them a bit hard. I did ask for a hard compound so they lasted a bit longer, but I think they may be a tad too hard. The front is still giving me a few heart pulpitations half way up the pass, but after that it settles down. The rear now has 7000ks on it and is looking a bit sad, however, the front has 6000ks and still looks brand new (yours would last even longer as it is always off the ground Lol3).

Cheers .. Dale
Cheers for that Dale! Pi_thumbsup

They are gonna get a good little warm-up around Tassie for 6 days startin' at the end of next week.....then I'll see how they go on the "afterburner" day at P/Island! Yes

Coolsmiley
(09-02-2011, 09:31pm)bazman Wrote: Cheers for that Dale! Pi_thumbsup

They are gonna get a good little warm-up around Tassie for 6 days startin' at the end of next week.....then I'll see how they go on the "afterburner" day at P/Island! Yes

Coolsmiley

Beautiful place to ride around is Tassie, I visited my old man in Deleraine in 09. Watch out for the road kill .. it's everywhere !!. They must have dumber animals in Tas Lol3
Bazman , Take your Wet's , Done Tassie twice in feb 1978 & 2004 Got pissed on for 4 day's both times ,Great place ,shit weather ,Worse than PI even .Have a Ball mate .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(09-02-2011, 09:31pm)bazman Wrote: Cheers for that Dale! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

Im doing tassie mid year. Cant wait! Yes

Can anyone tell me how well the spirit of tassie takes care of the big busas in reguard to tie'n em down? Im sceptical...dont want it damaged and dont wanna stand next to it all trip either...