Hayabusa Track Bike
Thanks Bruce. You gonna post pics of your trackie soon?
Yes mate got it Friday arvo and done a heap to her already. I'll post an update soon
Good luck Pan all the best in future with the build and the racing side of it
All set for Saturday with my VCM seat and BST wheels!
Got a "mystery celebrity" that we all know to be my pit-crew too.

[Image: BusaBSTrear.jpg]

[Image: VCMBusa.jpg]

[Image: Busafront.jpg]
Is it Lara Bingle?
wow that seat looks familiar
(31-01-2011, 06:58pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Is it Lara Bingle?

Close...

(31-01-2011, 07:18pm)bandit Wrote: wow that seat looks familiar

Funny you should say that. I lost my previous race seat somewhere between Phillip Island and Sydney (somehow blew off the bike while it was on the trailer)... possibly around Wodonga!!! Knuppel2Knuppel2
Pan,
Can you please do few write-ups on:
1) difference between the STD front end v/s the GSXR 1000 (any fitting complications)
2) difference between the STD swing arm and the one on your bike (any fitting complications)
Any other changes which can make a road hayabusa stronger and better
Hi Bill. Front end went straight in... Needed a new steering damper. Much more adjustable than stock.

Swingarm is still stock.

Can't comment on what would make a road Busa stronger and better as mine is set up purely for the track. Suspension is too stiff for the road with much less feedback also.

I guess members can see what I've done and decide for themselves if it's better or stronger for their type of road use...

Disclaimer: all mods shown are purely fictional and not recommended (read: don't try this at home kids, OR, you're not allowed to sue me)
Eastern Creek trackday today (44 degrees... VERY HOT!!!). The bike went really well. The Carbon wheels are AMAZING! The new front end handles and brakes really well also. I just need to improve...

[Image: Busa3.jpg]

[Image: Busa2.jpg]

[Image: Busa1.jpg]

[Image: PanEC050211.jpg]

[Image: PanEC050211b.jpg]

[Image: PanEC050211a.jpg]

Next track day in a month...
Nice line thru the corner there. From the photo it looks like you'll get upright and back on the power quicker than the guy hugging the apex behind you.

Bet it's a real weapon these days. - Is it getting close to finished??
With a 44 degree day I take it those were tyre coolers you've got on them wheels? Lol3
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
You did really well Pan. It was odd with the three of us learning all but new bikes. Yours has changed so much and Bruce and I were on the new GIXXERS. It was a tough day weather wise, but a shit day on the track is still better than not being there at all. The bike looks the goods Pan, well done. Can't wait to see what you can do with it once you learn the bike.

Heidi
Thanks Wardie. Yeh, "tyre coolers"! Roll
I used them on the first 3 sessions, then didn't bother.

Thanks Heidi.

Gotta say, it was good to see Blackzook, Heidi, Driller, Shredder and Robert racing around and also Kev, 1Hot, BabyBusa and Spaman visiting us at the track! Good representation from our club! Trophy
By the way Wardie, it IS a weapon! Unbelievable with the carbon wheels. Takes time to get used to it... feels like it will fall over because it leans so easily.

Nearly finished. Just got the carbon fairings to try on, and the suspension to tweak (but it's all installed)...
(06-02-2011, 03:47pm)pan Wrote: Gotta say, it was good to see Blackzook, Heidi, Driller, Shredder and Robert racing around and also Kev, 1Hot, BabyBusa and Spaman visiting us at the track! Good representation from our club! Trophy

I agree Pan
I also cant thank driller enough for letting me share his new toy.
It was my 1st time back since the big off 17 months ago,so not only was that on my mind, i also had to look after Marks bike
Had a great 4 day weekend away

Mark was going great on the blade
[Image: mark4.jpg]
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
(07-02-2011, 10:16pm)TheShredder Wrote: I also cant thank driller enough for letting me share his new toy.
Mark was going great on the blade
[Image: mark4.jpg]
Jeez what a great photo Mark looks awesome on that thing