Tropical Cyclone Yasi
Shes gonna be WET!!!!! luckily i got enough beer on the way home yesterday to keep me drunk for weeks!! hope everyone up this way has there places ready. if you watching the news and you see a drunk guy fishing in the main street of townsville in a kayak that will be me so chuck us a wave!!Lol3
Regards

Dan
Hang in there Dan, Queensland,beautiful one day ,perfect the next ,bullshit .If you want to see some sunshine come to SA , we're sick of it .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Looks big here

MTSAT IR Colorized Loop

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemilo...mscol.html
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Hi Greeny we will be fine im sure just wet!! most importantly the brewerys all chartered cargo ships to bring up beer for us in townsville when the beer trucks couldnt get through because of the bribane floods. so we have plenty of it for the duration of the storms. plus for some reason the Barra go mental when it floods so some good fishing to be had. Im not to concerened about my place as the only thing in it that is mine is the tv, my car and bike will be safely away in a secured parking facility that will be dry. Ill post some pics after the event if there is an event.
Regards

Dan
I've got a couple of colleagues heading up to Cairns (with their 2-year-old), for 2 weeks. I told them a cyclone was on the way, but they said it was going to miss Cairns and off they went - don't know if the travel company told them that or not.

Even on Sunday, it seemed obvious that you shouldn't head in that direction, didn't it?
Carpe Diem!
(01-02-2011, 02:21pm)Dan85 Wrote: Shes gonna be WET!!!!! luckily i got enough beer on the way home yesterday to keep me drunk for weeks!! hope everyone up this way has there places ready. if you watching the news and you see a drunk guy fishing in the main street of townsville in a kayak that will be me so chuck us a wave!!Lol3

Just incase you fall out of your Kayak pissed Dan i will say my goodbuys now it was nice to no you and dont forget a good captain will go down with his ship and beer Lol2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
well, i have put the busa in the spare bedroom.. I hope the cyclone is a fizza like cyclone anthony..

If it hits hard, i will be busy helping people out.. very unsteady times up here.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
(01-02-2011, 02:21pm)Dan85 Wrote: Shes gonna be WET!!!!! luckily i got enough beer on the way home yesterday to keep me drunk for weeks!!

If the power cuts out, here's a trick I learnt in the Namibian desert.

Get a thick wet sock (shouldn't be too hard up there)
Stick a sigg bottle/can of beer (metallic container) in it and tie it up to the underside of a balcony, preferably out of the sun, on a longish piece of string so the wind hits it (same story RE QLD)
If the sock is wet enough and the wind is strong enough you'll have a very cold drink in about 10-30 mins.

Kept my drinks very cold even beyond 55c, no shit.
Willis island weather station said it's dangerous,the strongest they have ever seen,the three men crew at the station are also being evacuated "run motherfuckers run" is what they recomend.The SES is hoping that there aren't too many dick heads they have to rescue fishing in the main road while pissedCoolsmileyVery Happy
It is just getting bigger Dan, you bloody well run. I am going to be DIRTY if I have to come up there and wack you. Get on the busa and get the hell out of there.
IF ANY OF OUR TOWNSVILLE MEMBERS DON'T KNOW WHERE THE EVAC CENTRES ARE HERE IS A LIST
TOWNSVILLE SHOWGOUNDS-west end
COMMONWEALTH GOV BUILDING-143 WALKERS STR CITY
JAMES COOK UNI- PARKINSON rd DOUGLAS
BE SAFE!!!
I'm headed south today with the family and a few others. Bastard of a thing is coming for me. Must of read on the forum that I wasn't scared
Regards

Dan
were you in Townsville Dan?

I have to ruff it out, defence members have to stay for the clean up.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Good work Dan, I was really worried about you. Best of luck Grant, I know you aren't silly so stay safe and good luck with the clean up.
(02-02-2011, 10:08am)Macbusa Wrote: were you in Townsville Dan?

I have to ruff it out, defence members have to stay for the clean up.

A 300kmph wind in your face! It'd probably just put a smile on your dial!

- lets just hope there are not tooooo many up there trying to get into this years Darwin awards. Keep safe!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .