Braking systems on the Busa
Now how many out there consider there braking set up?
OK
Good
etc

My opinion is that it should be done before anything else,eg systems bling etc.
(04-10-2010, 06:11pm)kawasuki Wrote: Now how many out there consider there braking set up?
OK
Good
etc

My opinion is that it should be done before anything else,eg systems bling etc.

I consider mine to be good NOW ,with your help Ray , Braketech rotors & Brembo master cylinder, They were fairly average before those additions .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Can only talk the k10 model but the originals were rather average. Changed for the Brembo monoblocks (OEM master) with Hel lines and got much better result. Not as good as I expected but this might be the pads selection issue. Still experimenting
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
For me, (K9), HEL Braided Lines, Brembo 18/19 Master Cyl, she now pulls up a treat, excellent feel in the lever.
just done braided lines and a new set of pads so far so good brakes are better than stock now
I've got Hel lines, Galfer disk's and pad's all round and they're at least twice as good as stock if not better with my BST's. Was gonna get Brembo mono blocks but don't think I need them now.
I've got a K3 and my first impression of the brakes is they're sh@t! Couldn't believe how suzuki could get away with such useless brakes on such a fast bike. When I first rode mine I nearly rear-ended my own car (my wife was driving). Managed to stop about 1cm from the rear bumper! I always complained about the brakes on my ZX12R but the busa was on another level of bad.
First thing I did was buy some braided lines and threw in decent brake pads. They're much better now but still nothing I'd call great. When funds allow I'll be changing the rotors.
On the other hand the rear brake is too powerful!
(28-01-2011, 08:11am)big kev Wrote: just done braided lines and a new set of pads so far so good brakes are better than stock now
How do you know?!
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
you can feel the diffrence from rubber lines to braided ,
Ride an '80s bike then ride a 'busa.
The standard brakes are brilliant.
I've got nothing else to compare them with.

Went for a 'QUICK' spin with a guy on a new Bandit the other day - he was surprisingly fast!. When we stopped he complained that my brake light was intermittent, as it hardly ever worked. I explained it was, I just wasn't using the brakes. (they only slow you down anyway Pi_freak )
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
The Busa's do excel at engine braking. I love it.
(28-01-2011, 03:48pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(28-01-2011, 08:11am)big kev Wrote: just done braided lines and a new set of pads so far so good brakes are better than stock now
How do you know?!

Missed his wife's car by at least 5 or 6cm... Pi_tongue

I don't get it Rainbow. What are you asking? Is it whether it was his "subjective" impression or acurately tested in a lab...?
Braided lines Galfer wave rotors and disks made a huge difference
Stock K8+ is a bit spongy, but I heard that's actually better than stock K7-.
Braided hoses ought to be enough to bring it up to a confidence-inspiring level.
On the other hand. suspension on the K8 is well impressive. I was expecting it to handle like a bouncy castle on wheels, but it hides it's weight exceptionally well.
(28-01-2011, 06:52pm)bandit Wrote: Braided lines Galfer wave rotors and disks made a huge difference

Must try these Galfer rotors... you talk me into itPi_tongue
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"